Darn low power line

Help Support CattleToday:

I rolled one when I was in High School. If you do it once and survive, you are sure not to do it again. My father was killed when he was run over by a tractor that jumped out of gear.
Hardest thing I ever did was the next time I drove a tractor on the road. Wonder is how my heart took the strain. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Tractors are dangerous for sure. I've had several incidents, and close calls, but thankfully no serious injuries. Just last week the man that we buy hay from, turned a tractor over while mowing hay. Somehow his mower caught into something and tripped it, raising the tractor up and pulling it around and over. He was pretty sore and got some glass in his arm. I always worry about them because they go on some steep and rough ground fencing and putting up hay.

We need to ban tractors........
It amazes me how everybody has a tractor story. You might be on to something Fence.

20 years in the woods in the PNW working in old growth timber. I could go along for a long time with stories. But there is no use spending that much time typing or give my Post Traumatic Stress a reason to surface. I will just say I have looked the grim reaper in the eye too many times to count. Back in those days statistically if you fell timber for 60 years you should get killed on the job.

My power line is 15' 4". We measured it. A semi loaded with hay can and has gone under it. This guy was driving something that is taller than normal vehicles. He is aware of that and is on the look out for low power lines. Especially power lines in barn yards.