Dang Subdivision

Help Support CattleToday:

For trespessers I may put up an official looking sign saying that the property beyond the fenced border is contaminated with excessive amounts of Hydrogen Oxide. This should make'em think twice.

Bez>":37gnt1bf said:
Gale Seddon":37gnt1bf said:
Every time we think that someone might buy the 4 lots that are near our property line, MrGale says he'll go up and put in stakes like he's going to build something on our side and if the new people ask what he's doing, he's going to say "Hogs, 40 of 'em." I think he should say "Guinea hens, hundreds of 'em."

As much as it hurts, I buy all the lots that come up - if they border on the farm. Now own two and dickering on a third - I will own it.

Expensive, but keeps the riff raff away.

Bez>

Bez, we tried...we made a cash offer over a year ago, no response...there are three narrow lots between our property where we live (26 acres) and our other property up the road (74 acres). These two properties that we own connect way back in the woods (like a horseshoe) and the three narrow lots, about 10 acres total, have road frontage (inside the horseshoe, if you will). In addition, another guy owns a 10 acre piece, behind the three lots, and he has a 50' easement to get to his piece. He recently put in a drainage culvert for drive access on the easement, but nothing else has happened so far. He wouldn't sell either. As soon as we showed any interest in either, the price rose dramatically. The owners think these lots are worth a fortune, but it's just scrubby ag land. We raise cows and donkeys, so they can choose whether to kiss the donkeys' butts, the imaginary hogs, or the possible guineas. We may end up kissing something, but I'm used to donkeys and guineas, suppose I could get used to pigs. LOL!

Gale Seddon":24cn3h5f said:
Bez>":24cn3h5f said:
Gale Seddon":24cn3h5f said:
Every time we think that someone might buy the 4 lots that are near our property line, MrGale says he'll go up and put in stakes like he's going to build something on our side and if the new people ask what he's doing, he's going to say "Hogs, 40 of 'em." I think he should say "Guinea hens, hundreds of 'em."

As much as it hurts, I buy all the lots that come up - if they border on the farm. Now own two and dickering on a third - I will own it.

Bez>

Bez, we tried...we made a cash offer over a year ago, no response...there are three narrow lots between our property where we live (26 acres) and our other property up the road (74 acres). These two properties that we own connect way back in the woods (like a horseshoe) and the three narrow lots, about 10 acres total, have road frontage (inside the horseshoe, if you will). In addition, another guy owns a 10 acre piece, behind the three lots, and he has a 50' easement to get to his piece. He recently put in a drainage culvert for drive access on the easement, but nothing else has happened so far. He wouldn't sell either. As soon as we showed any interest in either, the price rose dramatically. The owners think these lots are worth a fortune, but it's just scrubby ag land. We raise cows and donkeys, so they can choose whether to kiss the donkeys' butts, the imaginary hogs, or the possible guineas. We may end up kissing something, but I'm used to donkeys and guineas, suppose I could get used to pigs. LOL!

Whatever it takes, Gale... ;-)

Alice

I blame TSC, Progressive Hobby Farmer, and them danged "Homesteader" books and Magazines.

They are all encouraging City folk to buy 5 acres,build a house, and they can make a living growing Grapes,Country Eggs, Goats etc. and be self sufficient from the rest of the world. Seen the type come and go here more than once. The last "Bunch" was from Newd Jersey. They lasted about 2 years and got foreclosed on. They wanted to barter some home made Goat Cheese for me to break their Garden.

Crowderfarms":2djh1uk2 said:
I blame TSC, Progressive Hobby Farmer, and them danged "Homesteader" books and Magazines.

They are all encouraging City folk to buy 5 acres,build a house, and they can make a living growing Grapes,Country Eggs, Goats etc. and be self sufficient from the rest of the world. Seen the type come and go here more than once. The last "Bunch" was from Newd Jersey. They lasted about 2 years and got foreclosed on. They wanted to barter some home made Goat Cheese for me to break their Garden.

They wanted to barter some home made Goat Cheese for me to break their Garden

Bet you jumped right on that... :lol2:

Alice

Truth be knowed, I declined. Another neighbor went down there and fixed a circuit breaker, and said he thought they were growing a Roach Farm.

But, I did break the Garden for them, because I'm such a nice feller.

Gale Seddon":d0704fgp said:
Bez>":d0704fgp said:
Gale Seddon":d0704fgp said:

Bez>

Gale

So find someone you trust and have them buy it for you - then have things re-arranged for a buck - plus legal costs.

Folks that were selling would not know and never would know.

Until it suited me!!!

3mr - in fact I would do this if it suited me and I was able to spring for the cash - but to date this type of thing has not happened.

I bought 2 x 2 acre lots - Total cost was $16,500.

Looking to buy another if they would ever sell. If necessary I will give them $2,000 to sign a first right of refusal - that way I will at least know when it goes on the market.

Bez>

Bez>":1oakg5r6 said:
Gale Seddon":1oakg5r6 said:

Bez>

That is what we have did the past few years. Got 10 acres on one side, 5 acres adjoining us and 5 acres across the road just recently. finally got our little area all locked up, unless a couple neighbors that are unlikely to sell off decide to do so.

One of the 5 acres that was bought by us before we even realized it was for sale cost me an extra $9,000.00. The guy buying it paid $6,000.00 for it in the morning and I paid him $15,000 in the afternoon. I just wish my the guy owning the land would have told me first as he promised if he ever sold it, might have saved me $9,000 :mad:

Latest posts