dang neighbors update pg4

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
weve got a neighbor thats a giant pain an a headache.he moved down here 2 or 3yrs ago.an he has 4acs so to keep from payuing high taxes.he cides to get some calves.well the jugghead buys a crazy brangus.an he has no corral.sdo he just turns her in the pasture.an he jumps his fence an 1 more.ending up in our pasture.well she been here 2 months.so this morning a trailer is parked at the dairy.an they say neighbor wants me to catch his heifer.we go he hasnt got permission for you to be here.an the guy takes horse in pasture.an stays 2hrs.he said she is crazy.an he didnt mess with her.so we goes tell that guy he is is trouble bigtime.an that we are gonna have it out with him.our cows go crazy when they see horses so they arnt allowed in the pasture.heres the real kicker.the guy talked to my brother last nite.an brother told him an the horsebacker do not go in the pasture.we just had 3 new calves an dont want emm stirred up.

I have a crazy brangus heifer that won't pen without a fight but she hasn't gotten out yet. Our neighbors were talking about getting some calves. I can't wait. She's afraid of my donkeys and he's never home. Should be interesting.

One of our neighbors leases his wheat pasture. The guy who leases it brings Brauvieh/Brahman cross calves in from somewhere. They're wild as March hares. A couple of times when they've come to pick up the group, two, three, four have gone through the fence and onto our place. But they get with our cows and we can bring them into the corral pretty easily. As long as we keep them toward the center of the herd, they do ok. It's irritating as heck. But it's the cattle business; stuff happens.

well this guy is a greenhorn.an he is going to learn the hard way.i dont think we can even pen her being easy an moving slow.so im betting she will get to stay here.the joker might as well just give her to us.because he aint getting back on the place.an he dang sure aint bringing no horses.

Two months of eating your forages. :shock: You have a lot more patience than I think I would have. I'm sure that if you got her loaded up he would accuse you of rustling. Don't know what I would do for sure but a lightning strike wouldn't be out of the question.

Edit - btw what is the rule on this in your area. Here, though it is not done often, you can charge the neighbor a grazing fee.

well for 1 the guy wont pay the upkeep fee on her.because when he is talked to he will know he isnt welcome on the place.an there will be locks on the gates so no 1 can slipp in an try to catch her.his only choice is to give her away an learn a hard lesson.

Call Sheriff and file complaint for TRESSPASS! If the cow is WILD, then accuse it of CRIMINAL tresspass...

You are a he## of a lot more tolerant than I would be...

Screw the neighbor...protect your herd and your property!

JMO

:mad:

oh we arnt very happy thats for sure.an the guy with the horse now knows horses arnt welcome in our pasture.yes we are to easy going till we gwt ticked off.the people we have the most trouble with are family.he is a complete outsider here.

I agree with RAB. Start the process by calling the Sheriff to get it on record. If the neighbor isn't allowed to come on your property to get it then can you chase it back over the fence to his side? With the understand that becomes hamburger the next time it come back?

I wouldn't call the sheriff until you know more about the person. He might come over and put a bullet in your head one night while he is sleep walking. I would encourage you to communicate with him and....it would probably work if he sold you the animal for half price after deducting feed.

bigbull338":irj357w3 said:
he is a complete outsider here.
He is new to your community, and he is new to cattle. I have read this 3 times to make sure I am not out of line, but what are you out if you allow him to come into your pasture and get her back? And maybe sell him one of yours. If all he wants is an write off, sell him a couple of steers and he can get rid of that nasty thing. Or you could teach him how to choose better cattle. Maybe you could help him and he could be an asset instead of a PITA. Maybe he is wanting to learn, and I know you have alot to teach. It is hard being the outsider I think. Things you think he should know (because they are so second hand to you that you don't even think of it), he does not know and you get impatient with him. I don't know, just something to think about.

angie":3ujtlbm7 said:
bigbull338":3ujtlbm7 said:
He is new to your community, and he is new to cattle. I have read this 3 times to make sure I am not out of line, but what are you out if you allow him to come into your pasture and get her back? And maybe sell him one of yours. If all he wants is an write off, sell him a couple of steers and he can get rid of that nasty thing. Or you could teach him how to choose better cattle. Maybe you could help him and he could be an asset instead of a PITA. Maybe he is wanting to learn, and I know you have alot to teach. It is hard being the outsider I think. Things you think he should know (because they are so second hand to you that you don't even think of it), he does not know and you get impatient with him. I don't know, just something to think about.
let me give you some background on this guy.he called an called wanting to know if we would lease him a pasture.so he could run a few cows we said no.then he starts calling again wanting to know if we will sell him a 30ac pasture.again he was told no.an we go why do you want it.an he goes they are gonna put in an oil pipeline.an i thought i could buy it from you.an then the pipeline might pay for it.honestly i doubt if he will ever get that heifer.because if she is stirred up she will go through fences.guess she will stay till we can get her in the corral.

angie":n01oz626 said:
bigbull338":n01oz626 said:

i agree.
where i come from neighbors help one another

check with local vet. or local ranches to locate some one with a tranqualizer gun then put your cattle in the pen so they will not be distrubed , the person with the gun will then tranqualizer her and pull her into his trailer , I would work with the Sheriff dept. so everything is legal, I almost got my a-- thrown in jail doing what I thought was right but it did't follow the law if I had gone through the sheriff dept I would have been ok, some sheriff dept have transqualizer guns you should check with them. If you keep a wild animal all it will do is be a problem when you work your cattle and can even change the disposition of your herd, talking from experience, just my 2 cents , good luck

Another thought : I noticed how many times you have responded to answers and I get the impression that this problem is all you can think about and you may be worrying your self sick over it , because I have been there too, it is hurting no one but you , your neighbor is probably not that concerned over it and going about his rude way of living. Do as I said in my other post and get her out of there because every day, week, month or year she stays there she will remind you of these unpleasant memories even when your neighbor has moved on with his life. The situation I got myself into I held such hatred for my neighbor ( and I had to go by his house )every time I went to town) I wished something bad would happen to him every time I went by his house, then several years later he rolled his tractor over on himself and killed him. That was many, many years ago and I hope I have grown since then, I was in my twenties and he never knew all the hatred I felt for him and my feeling was stupid, because it hurt me more than him. I hope I am reading you wrong ,just don't worry yourself sick over it . Just a concerned fellow rancher with a lot of life experience, good luck again

From his posts, I believe he is the kind of neighbor you would want. I think he has shown it in letting the "neighbor's problem" become his for two months and not arresting the wanna be cowboy for trespassing. But there comes a time that something needs to be done. Sometimes guests need to hit the road. I think in this situation the time is long overdue. To be a neighbor you also have to act like a neighbor and I don't think the guy next door to Bigbull is a neighbor.

Call the sheriff's department and if you have a brand inspector call them too. Follow the legal route and get that nasty cow out of your pasture.

update on the cow an neighbor.the reason that we got so madd was they went an asked my bro if the guy could go in on horseback an try to get her.an my bro told the guy that owned her no.the cowboy was there he knew he wasnt supposed to go in there.but he did anyway.the neighbor that owns her got chewed out good this morning.he said he was gone.an that the cowboy knew not to go in the pasture.so he said he would let us trapp her in the corral.for all who read this im to easy going.had another neighbors cow here for 3yrs.an he knew she was in here.an never made no effort to get her.an her pasture was accross the road.

Glad to hear it was the horseman rather than your neighbor. Hope ya'll can get it worked out and become good friends.

Latest posts