Dang It

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
:deadhorse: Hogs are back just finished putting two traps out.
They have rooted perfect circles under the live oaks in the pastures looking for the last acorns.

Living the dream with both aquatic and terrestrial pests.

16708431_1059132254192760_1287725773063008946_n.png

Good eye TG. Yeah, that's my goodie box. Not supposed to have it out of my sight for some reason. Sure could use their help with this pest problem but one is in Detroit making those Dodge trucks and the other is getting his hands all bloody when both need to be here killing vermin with me but I got the beavers on the run not so much with the pigs but I have something special planned for them soon.

Jogeephus":25kthzyw said:
Good eye TG. Yeah, that's my goodie box. Not supposed to have it out of my sight for some reason. Sure could use their help with this pest problem but one is in Detroit making those Dodge trucks and the other is getting his hands all bloody when both need to be here killing vermin with me but I got the beavers on the run not so much with the pigs but I have something special planned for them soon.

I was referring to your best friend Eli, he's usually trying to help.

True Grit Farms":31zyo47i said:
Jogeephus":31zyo47i said:

I was referring to your best friend Eli, he's usually trying to help.

Sorry, my bad. Nah, I can't let him in this area because its not dog friendly. Neighbor up the road about a mile or so had a dog that used to come down here and run deer. He don't anymore. Could have Eli meeting the same fate.

Caustic Burno":19vaq30z said:
Well there 18 less of the devils tonight
neighbor had 8 in his trap.
I was reading where Texas may start letting people use some kind of a poison that is getting approved. You heard anything about it and if so what do you think about it? Most people that were writing commits on the article were against, but it may have been a bunch of tree huggers too.
Did you try to cook any of them little pigs? maybe roast with apple in their mouth

BRYANT":1sm2whbx said:
Caustic Burno":1sm2whbx said:
Well there 18 less of the devils tonight
neighbor had 8 in his trap.
I was reading where Texas may start letting people use some kind of a poison that is getting approved. You heard anything about it and if so what do you think about it? Most people that were writing commits on the article were against, but it may have been a bunch of tree huggers too.
Did you try to cook any of them little pigs? maybe roast with apple in their mouth

There all in the freezer.
The antis don't have land or they are hog hunters. There are several other states approving it as well I have read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... ot-pretty/

Caustic Burno":1kp93ag3 said:
The antis don't have land or they are hog hunters. There are several other states approving it as well I have read.

I know some people or maybe lots of people would not agree with me but hunters are a big part of the wild hog problem. Way to much ''catch and release'' and sometimes several miles from where they were caught. I had a cousin bring in a ,I think a 32', trailer load of them wild hogs from Texas a few years ago and turn them loose for seed stock to have them to hunt later. I read a couple years ago that Nebraska has less of a hog problem than any state and it is not legal to hunt them there. that is what the article said I did not research it to see if it was ''fake news '' or not. I think if they would make it to where you could not sell hog hunts and only farmers and their workers could hunt them you would see a decrease in hog numbers. :2cents: :2cents:

Most people around here can't stand a hog hunter. For every ethical one that can control his dogs there are twenty that can't. Most dogs running across pastures around here are called a target. Both my neighbors and I have had our cows bayed by "hog dogs".
Talk about tear up some fence as well.

BRYANT":3365b8qk said:
Caustic Burno":3365b8qk said:

I know some people or maybe lots of people would not agree with me but hunters are a big part of the wild hog problem. Way to much ''catch and release'' and sometimes several miles from where they were caught. I had a cousin bring in a ,I think a 32', trailer load of them wild hogs from Texas a few years ago and turn them loose for seed stock to have them to hunt later. I read a couple years ago that Nebraska has less of a hog problem than any state and it is not legal to hunt them there. that is what the article said I did not research it to see if it was ''fake news '' or not. I think if they would make it to where you could not sell hog hunts and only farmers and their workers could hunt them you would see a decrease in hog numbers. :2cents: :2cents:

I think there is a lot of truth to this Bryant. We didn't have hogs till an unscrupulous guy opened up a pay hunt deal where he would drive people in circles around in the swamp giving them that "safari-like" experience. After an hour or so he would press the button on his microphone would release a caged pig. The whole thing was theatrics but people would pay to kill a "wild hog". Later he learned it was cheaper to not pen the pigs and let them forage on their own and at feed stations and from here our hog problem started as did the legend of Hogzilla.

I haven't had any problems with hog hunters so far but I know every one of them that will go on my property and they treat the property with respect and have even fixed a few things that needed fixing without asking. I actually like these guys better than deer hunters I think because they learned from hunting deer with dogs what will happen if they start screwing things up and not respecting people's property like what happened with dog hunting deer.

The one's I like best are the guys shooting with night vision. They are much more effective than a pack of dogs any day of the week.

Now if I could only find someone willing to hunt beavers.

Jogeephus":6oxcpj8a said:
Now if I could only find someone willing to hunt beavers.
you don't have a government trapper that can take care of them for you. I had him come out and get them under control then I was able to take care of them from there on. In Okla. it was free of charge I just showed him the problem and gave him a key to the gate also signed some papers saying I was ok with him killing beavers and it was a done deal, said he could also take care of coyotes and any other predator if I needed him to. He had to leave all that he trapped there so I would recommend moving them so they don't just attract in buzzards, but it was a good deal for me.

If Trump lifts that embargo on Russia fur will be worth trapping again.
The antis can cry all they want its dang otters here. If you stock a pond it's like setting up a Micky D's drive through.
They beat me I gave up just go buy a catfish dinner now.

Latest posts