dalis grass

Help Support CattleToday:

MSMA if it is legal in Texas or round up are the only two options I am aware of. I have it bad in several bermuda hay fields. I have sprayed them twice with gly. several days after cutting hay but before the bermuda greens up.

http://www.solutionsstores.com/MSMA_Tar ... 20plus.htm

MSMA Target 6 Plus 2.5 Gallon is for post-emergent control of crabgrass, dallisgrass, johnsongrass, nutsedge, pigweed, and chickweed. MSMA is one of the best selective post emergent herbicides but is also dangerous if improperly used. Please read all label instructions before use. We cannot sell MSMA in Texas unless you are a certified applicator.
LABEL MSDS

Msma does have arsenic that's supposedly why they took pasture/hayfield's off the lable but the amount of arsenic is minimal at best it was used for decades for hay/pasture with no side effects still is used in turf and cotton, and last I.checked we still.feed cotton byproducts thank the good ol' EPA.

cross_7":1d28v6ki said:
Doesn't MSMA contain arsenic so it can't be used on grass intended for cattle ?
Yes it contains arsenic. I knew a horse owner who used it before he read the label. Called the manufacturer and was told to withhold grazing for one grazing season before turning animals back out on pasture.

Latest posts