Daily Inspiration!

Help Support CattleToday:

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
We wish health, happiness, and joy to all. Lord, help us to be the encouragement to be joyful and kind to all we come in contact with by allowing Your love to shine through; help us to make that conscious effort to be positive. Father help us to remember it can start with a simple smile, a prayer, or a dozen other things, but we must be that spark that makes the world a brighter place.

Romans 15:13
"I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in Him. Then your hope will overflow by the power o the Holy Spirit."

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Hey folks... I really enjoy posting these word of inspiration and devotions. If you enjoy reading them, please leave a simple comment every now and then so I know others are getting something out of them as well. God Bless!!

Father, thank You for blessings and opportunities; both are more numerous to list but we are so grateful for each and every one. Lord, please help us to recognize both and to take action on the opportunities to reach out to others; to go through the doors You open for us; to rest in Your peace.

John 15: 7-11
"If you remain in me and follow my teachings, you can ask anything you want, and it will be given to you... I loved you as the Father loved me. Now remain in my love. I have obeyed my Father's commands, and I remain in His love. In the same way, if you obey my commands, you will remain in my love. I have told you these things so that you can have the same joy I have and so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy."

Dave

Reaction score
I don't read everything that is posted on CT. But I do read everyone of these posts. Thank you for taking the time and effort to put them up.

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Lord, thank You for Your blessings - the joy that a child brings, the windows You open when a door closes, and the peace that Your love and grace gives us. Lord, when our struggles (even those only You can see) bubble to the surface, may we always remember and trust that You are right there with us, holding us in Your caring arms, with the promise of an eternity beyond our wildest dreams.

John 16:33
"I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world."

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Busy is seldom a valid excuse, but I’ve gone a month between videos. Longer than I’d like, but I’ve been busy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdhBJh9vfk

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Lord, thank you seems completely inadequate for all that you do for us. Thank You, Father for Your love, Your guidance, Your grace, Your mercy, Your peace, Your protection, Your sacrifice... Your Son.

Lamentations 3: 22-24
"The LORD's love never ends; His mercies never stop. They are new every morning; LORD, your loyalty is great. I say to myself, 'The LORD is mine, so I hope in Him.'"

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Understanding is the reward of Faith. Therefore seek not understanding that thou mayest believe... But believe that thou mayest understand!!
-Augustine

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I haven't posted on this thread, in so long Im ashamed of my self

Gotta read Joshua 7 to get the point

Achan went against God's will, He took for himself from the battle of Jericho. God plainly told the Israelite people to take, but to place the plunder in the treasurery. His poor decision, led to the Isrealites losing the battle Ai. God instructed Joshua to launch an investigation to find the culprit. One by one the tribes were brought forward, then one by the families, until reaching Achan. Achan confessed his sin, and he and his family were stoned in the valley of Acher.

By 2019 standards, it seems to harsh to stone Achan.......He took a Babylonian robe, some gold, and some silver. Even the stoning seems harsh. Today, you would have to really cross a moral line to be put to death. When executed, you would probably be put to sleep peacefully, and then your heart stopped. Stoning would not be a choice.

It also seems harsh to stone his family......They were innocent. They hadn't plundered, nor did they share in the plunder.

We make a mistake when we apply modern logic to God. We are a product of years and years of Satan making sin seem acceptable. Sin is never acceptable, and obviously as evidenced by the death of Achan, God is not soft on sin.

In Achan's own admission, he saw the robe, he wanted the robe, and he took the robe. That the same way I sin. I see the sinful......object, or desire, I want the object or desire, and I take it. Achan should have done, what I should do. When I feel the sin drawing me in, I should walk away. Yes, Achan stood in judgement and was dealt with harshly. Let us not forget as Christians, we to will stand in Judgement.

Achan's personality is not revealed in the scriptures. He may have been a great father, a great husband. He had livestock, he may have been a great farmer. He may have even been a great soldier. He did fight in the battle of Jericho. He may have been all those things except for.......He took the gold, he took the silver, he took the robe. Those things came with a consequences. We like wise can't say I'm a great Christian except for____________________ (you fill in your own blank)

Back on his family. I hate that they were stoned for something they didn't do. It breaks my heart. It's important to point out we seldom sin alone. Others are always affected by our choices. To say sin only harms the sinner is a falicy. I have seen childhoods destroyed by a parents adultery. I have seen alcoholism and drugs destroy families. I have even seen entire churches destroyed by a single sin, from a single person. Sin always reaches out and harms others.

Don't be a great Christian except for__________________________.

HDRider

Reaction score
Bigfoot said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bigfoot said:
Thank you

Keep ‘em coming Troy.

I will do a few more, not sure what direction I will take. I may load a full sermon someday. YouTube is a good medium for many people. The home bound come to mind on loading a full sermon.

I just watched your first one. Spoke to me.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
HDRider said:
Bigfoot said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Keep ‘em coming Troy.

I will do a few more, not sure what direction I will take. I may load a full sermon someday. YouTube is a good medium for many people. The home bound come to mind on loading a full sermon.

I just watched your first one. Spoke to me.

I guess that's my winter project, I didnt make any over the summer. I have plans to make a few more when things slow down.