Daily Inspiration!

Help Support CattleToday:

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
We have been given the most wonderful gift - the never ending gift of Jesus Christ. The peace, excitement, and promise He brings us is a gift that we are charged with sharing. We must ask ourselves each day what we are doing with the Father's gift. Can people see it in us when we greet them? Can they hear it in our voice each time we speak? Can they see the light of the world shining through our lives? Lord, help us to share Your gift as You have commissioned us, each and every day.
Thank You. We love You, too!

Matthew 5:16
"In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and will praise your Father in heaven."

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Sometimes we feel like we have been handed more than we bargained for; more than we can handle... Those are the times we can trust that by surrendering our lives to God and following Jesus, we receive God's precious Grace and His promise that His Grace is enough.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Bigfoot

Reaction score
TN Cattle Man":20lief3d said:
Sometimes we feel like we have been handed more than we bargained for; more than we can handle... Those are the times we can trust that by surrendering our lives to God and following Jesus, we receive God's precious Grace and His promise that His Grace is enough.

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2nd Corinthians changed my life. Changed the way I see things. I dwell on it almost daily.

greybeard

Reaction score
TN Cattle Man":14iuoc9k said:

That scripture and He, will carry ya thru a heck of a lot in life... has me.

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Look and listen for God - His Word, His direction, His acts, His gifts, His grace. If we will do this, it will change how we experience life and how we interact with others. If we will let Him into our hearts, allowing Him to reveal Himself to us - His plan for our lives, He will undoubtedly fill our world to overflowing.
Thank You, Father, You are amazing!

Ephesians 1:18
"I pray also that you will have greater understanding in your heart so you will know the hope to which He has called us and that you will know how rich and glorious are the blessings God has promised His holy people."

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
The temptations of this world are all around us. Lord, we ask that You send and keep Your Living Holy Spirit to reside inside of us and inside of our loved ones. All of us are harassed and vulnerable to the temptations of the devil just as Jesus was tempted. Father, give us strength to look toward You, to follow Your Son, Jesus, and to remember that we are SO blessed. Thank You!

1 Samuel 17:47
"And all those gathered here will know that the LORD doesn't save by means of sword and spear."

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I see many people now days worrying about their impact. Most seem focused on their impact to the environment. Not saying there is anything wrong with minimizing our “foot print”, but the majority seems misdirected. Eating organic, avoiding GMO products. My wife seems to have became consumed with avoiding chemicals in our house. My laundry doesn’t even smell good anymore, and my T-shirts are looking dingy. Long story short, floods of people are on the bandwagon of helping with environmental issues. I see no harm in any of it, but I do wonder............How nice would it be, if we could all get interested in our spiritual impact. Focused on growing the kingdom. Helping to educate people about Jesus sacrifice. Analyzing our actions, and trying to determine what they are doing to others. What an impact we could make.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Bigfoot said:
I see many people now days worrying about their impact. Most seem focused on their impact to the environment. Not saying there is anything wrong with minimizing our “foot print”, but the majority seems misdirected. Eating organic, avoiding GMO products. My wife seems to have became consumed with avoiding chemicals in our house. My laundry doesn’t even smell good anymore, and my T-shirts are looking dingy. Long story short, floods of people are on the bandwagon of helping with environmental issues. I see no harm in any of it, but I do wonder............How nice would it be, if we could all get interested in our spiritual impact. Focused on growing the kingdom. Helping to educate people about Jesus sacrifice. Analyzing our actions, and trying to determine what they are doing to others. What an impact we could make.

If I believed in any doctrine that promised immortality, I would be a fanatic in my service. That is the way my brain is wired. How could anything in this Universe compete with Devine Immortality? The only logic that can explain the person who professes faith but falls short of service - is a lack of true faith.

I have a dear friend. Life long. We went to college together. Very intelligent. BS in Biology/Chemistry. MS in Biology. A few years ago, he ask me if I were still an Atheist. I said, "You know I am." He said "Ron, what if you are wrong?" I replied, " Then, I guess your God can punish me. Because I cannot profess something just for the purpose of immortality when my mind does not believe it." He said, "I struggle with that too." I said, " Then, how do you reconcile that?" He said, "Ron, It is like an insurance policy." HE professed his faith only to insure if it were true that he would be on the winning team. Think about that.

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
We are placed in this world exactly where God intends for us to be. The beauty of our joys, the twinge of our heartaches, the strife in our daily battles, and the glory of our blessings are all part of what makes us who we are - who God intends us to be. Lord, may we never forget that our road through life will bring us to You if we will only open ourselves to Your direction. Father, we thank you!

1 Thessalonians 5:18
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
Bright Raven said:
Bigfoot said:

If I believed in any doctrine that promised immortality, I would be a fanatic in my service. That is the way my brain is wired. How could anything in this Universe compete with Devine Immortality? The only logic that can explain the person who professes faith but falls short of service - is a lack of true faith.

I have a dear friend. Life long. We went to college together. Very intelligent. BS in Biology/Chemistry. MS in Biology. A few years ago, he ask me if I were still an Atheist. I said, "You know I am." He said "Ron, what if you are wrong?" I replied, " Then, I guess your God can punish me. Because I cannot profess something just for the purpose of immortality when my mind does not believe it." He said, "I struggle with that too." I said, " Then, how do you reconcile that?" He said, "Ron, It is like an insurance policy." HE professed his faith only to insure if it were true that he would be on the winning team. Think about that.

I understand your point but will not judge your friend. Every believer has doubts. We struggle with our belief at times. However our doubts may vary from person to person or even from time to time. I mean I may never doubt the existence of God but I may doubt my salvation. Someone else may be secure in their salvation yet doubt that God will answer their prayers. After all right now we live by faith not by sight and that can be hard even for the strongest believers. So while I do not judge your friend for doubting I do not like the description of his faith as a insurance policy. True faith should be much more than insurance. It should be a relationship. I pray his fiath could be as strong as yours. Sure and unwavering. I admire such faith.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Deepsouth said:
Bright Raven said:
Bigfoot said:

I understand your point but will not judge your friend. Every believer has doubts. We struggle with our belief at times. However our doubts may vary from person to person or even from time to time. I mean I may never doubt the existence of God but I may doubt my salvation. Someone else may be secure in their salvation yet doubt that God will answer their prayers. After all right now we live by faith not by sight and that can be hard even for the strongest believers. So while I do not judge your friend for doubting I do not like the description of his faith as a insurance policy. True faith should be much more than insurance. It should be a relationship. I pray his fiath could be as strong as yours. Sure and unwavering. I admire such faith.

Thanks Todd.

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
God is SO good. He will always make a way for us. A way through the difficult times, a way to help others, a way to show & share our faith through our words AND actions. Lord help us to share Your Way. Thank You for Your love and the opportunities You provide for us!

John 13:34
"I give you a new command: Love each other. You must love each other as I have loved you."

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Loaded another video. Not exactly a YouTube sensation, but it is fun.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDs3pPvjNc

Bigfoot

Reaction score
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bigfoot said:
TN Cattle Man said:
I enjoy your videos!!

Thank you

Keep ‘em coming Troy.

I will do a few more, not sure what direction I will take. I may load a full sermon someday. YouTube is a good medium for many people. The home bound come to mind on loading a full sermon.

Lucky

Reaction score
Bigfoot said:
Loaded another video. Not exactly a YouTube sensation, but it is fun.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDs3pPvjNc

Good video. I really enjoyed the mssg. Got me thinking about a few things.

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Be a blessing wherever you are. We should use our lives as a conduit for God’s Love and Grace. Lord help us to use our struggles and blessings together to show this world more of Jesus in our actions. We know You will see us through, regardless of the path. You are the light we need to share in this world which sometimes seems dark.

Isaiah 6:8
“Then I heard the Lord’s voice saying, ‘Whom can I send? Who will go for us?’ So I said, ‘Here I am, Lord. Send me!’”

OP
T

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Each day we have the opportunity to serve. In our own sphere of existence, our own little corner of the world, we can make a difference in someone's day. By being God's light to others, we are serving Him; helping to bring the Kingdom of God here on earth. Lord, help us to serve You by serving others and welcoming them into Your Kingdom. Thank you, Father for ALL the many blessings You bestow on each of us!

Psalm 37:4-6
"Enjoy serving the LORD, and He will give you what you want. Depend on the LORD; trust Him, and He will take care of you. Then your goodness will shine like the sun, and your fairness like the noonday sun."

Latest posts