Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

I believe in free will in the United States of America. It should be people's choice to wear a mask or not, get shots like a pincushion or not. But I am a retired health care professional as well as volunteer fire fighter. Surgical masks are a joke. But properly fitted N95 masks do work. They even stop smoke particles.

For chuckles I saw a woman pull her car over in the woods, the mom and kids got out the kids had to pee. All of them were wearing those masks. The little girl went into the ferns but the little boy was scared to go into the woods and started crying. I also saw two people driving I-5 toward Portland in a convertible wearing a mask with the top down.

Last edited:
Okay, I suppose we're still doing this.

The moral imperative of protecting yourself and your family falls upon you and yourselves. The state has an infrastructure to assist in the general security of the populace, but by their own admission do not have the duty to protect you on the civil level. This infrastructure that exists is also very easily abused, and can write itself blank checks for power. If you believe the government had any right to mandate the wearing of masks, lockdowns, restrictions on how many people can gather, etc, especially when using those mandates to override the wishes of private businesses, persons conducting business on private property, and individuals assembling both recreationally and for official purposes, then you aren't somebody I want to spend any time around.

If somebody thinks or feels that wearing a mask, staying home, avoiding public business, avoiding gatherings, etc makes them safer, cool. You can do that. Everyone else is under no moral or social obligation to do so, or to do anything else to ensure your safety.

It's the same thought process as carrying a gun, you carry one because you have no expectation of safety, no reason to assume that the entire populace will exercise forbearance, and if you've read up on Supreme Court decisions then you know that even the police don't have to assure your safety. So you carry a gun, because you will always be the first person to have to deal with the problem.

It's that simple. You don't feel like there's a big enough threat from an illness? Don't wear one. You do believe that it's a big enough threat? Wear one. Same logic as if you have a closet full of guns but live in an area where you don't believe you need to carry one, you don't. If you think you do need to carry one, you do.

This is America (though I believe this should apply everywhere), and this country was founded upon independence, freedom, standing on your own feet and making your own decisions about what you think is best, with the state only arbitrating when your exercising of your rights infringes on another's. And if you think me not wearing mask or not getting a vaccine infringes on your rights, then I can't help you.

That is in essence my full opinion on the topic.

The moral imperative of protecting yourself and your family falls upon you and yourselves. The state has an infrastructure to assist in the general security of the populace, but by their own admission do not have the duty to protect you on the civil level. This infrastructure that exists is also very easily abused, and can write itself blank checks for power. If you believe the government had any right to mandate the wearing of masks, lockdowns, restrictions on how many people can gather, etc, especially when using those mandates to override the wishes of private businesses, persons conducting business on private property, and individuals assembling both recreationally and for official purposes, then you aren't somebody I want to spend any time around.

If somebody thinks or feels that wearing a mask, staying home, avoiding public business, avoiding gatherings, etc makes them safer, cool. You can do that. Everyone else is under no moral or social obligation to do so, or to do anything else to ensure your safety.

It's the same thought process as carrying a gun, you carry one because you have no expectation of safety, no reason to assume that the entire populace will exercise forbearance, and if you've read up on Supreme Court decisions then you know that even the police don't have to assure your safety. So you carry a gun, because you will always be the first person to have to deal with the problem.

It's that simple. You don't feel like there's a big enough threat from an illness? Don't wear one. You do believe that it's a big enough threat? Wear one. Same logic as if you have a closet full of guns but live in an area where you don't believe you need to carry one, you don't. If you think you do need to carry one, you do.

This is America (though I believe this should apply everywhere), and this country was founded upon independence, freedom, standing on your own feet and making your own decisions about what you think is best, with the state only arbitrating when your exercising of your rights infringes on another's. And if you think me not wearing mask or not getting a vaccine infringes on your rights, then I can't help you.

And to me it's much more simple. Good people care enough about their neighbors to do what is necessary to protect them, or at least make them more comfortable about my actions so they see that I care about them... regardless of any political or governmentally imposed bulls**t.
It's really not about freedom or rights or even morals... it's about doing what IS right. It's about caring for each other... or not... enough to get over our own concerns and place others safety over our own pettiness.

To put it in a different context... if there was a bangs outbreak in your county and you found out your neighbor was refusing to vaccinate or even test his animals... and you had a shared fence with animals in contact... how would you feel about it?

Good people understand there is a social debt we are all obligated to recognize.

Last edited:
And to me it's much more simple. Good people care enough about their neighbors to do what is necessary to protect them, or at least make them more comfortable about my actions so they see that I care about them... regardless of any political or governmentally imposed bulls**t.
It's really not about freedom or rights or even morals... it's about doing what IS right. It's about caring for each other... or not... enough to get over our own concerns and place others safety over our own pettiness.

To put it in a different context... if there was a bangs outbreak in your county and you found out your neighbor was refusing to vaccinate or even test his animals... and you had a shared fence with animals in contact... how would you feel about it?

Good people understand there is a social debt we are all obligated to recognize.
You can prove that bangs vaccines work. You can only prove that a few types of mask work. You can't prove that for the 6-9+ straight months where medical masks were scarce and people were required to use just whatever that it had any benefit or even effect other than a lot of respiratory problems. You want to wear the mask, you wear it. You won't catch covid at a fenceline. False equivalency. He's imposing on your livelihood because you can't avoid his problem. You can wear your mask, get your shots, and then it doesn't matter what I do.

The world was never free from consequence, intended or not.

I Agree with You...

I think we need to get the Daily Chuckle Back in the Joke department.....!!!.....
Here's a groaner.

Have you seen the Movie Tomorrow??

It's Yesterday's Film😁😁

I think we need to get the Daily Chuckle Back in the Joke department.....!!!.....
Here's a groaner.

Have you seen the Movie Tomorrow??

It's Yesterday's Film😁😁
Welcome to 50/50's Crematorium and Taco Stand, where yesterday's grief is today's beef.

You can wear your mask, get your shots, and then it doesn't matter what I do.
I've known more than one person that said something similar and they are dead from Covid. I live in a hot spot because people refuse to be responsible... which was once a conservative value. So yeah, it matters what we all do. But it's certainly not an issue for those that died. And I agree it was their right to make any decision they cared to make. They just aren't living with the consequences.

I've known more than one person that said something similar and they are dead from Covid. I live in a hot spot because people refuse to be responsible... which was once a conservative value. So yeah, it matters what we all do. But it's certainly not an issue for those that died. And I agree it was their right to make any decision they cared to make. They just aren't living with the consequences.
If people want to make that choice, it's their choice. The most endangered people are not in my age or health bracket, so do not appeal to "my own good" unless you want to be laughed at. I got covid and ran three miles two days later. I do 250 push-ups a day, my job is manual, I work the land, and I do not smoke, over-eat, or drink excessively. I am not in the risk zone for diabetes. If you want to do these things, do them. If you want to make personal choice and conduction of one's own business some hype about the individual in society, go ahead. I am not going to live in fear or bend any knees. Accept that your choice is yours and leave the rest of us alone.

If people want to make that choice, it's their choice. The most endangered people are not in my age or health bracket, so do not appeal to "my own good" unless you want to be laughed at. I got covid and ran three miles two days later. I do 250 push-ups a day, my job is manual, I work the land, and I do not smoke, over-eat, or drink excessively. I am not in the risk zone for diabetes. If you want to do these things, do them. If you want to make personal choice and conduction of one's own business some hype about the individual in society, go ahead. I am not going to live in fear or bend any knees. Accept that your choice is yours and leave the rest of us alone.
Can you guys take this to another thread or better yet, private email? This issue has been debated ad nauseum for the past two years. No one on this Board is changing anyone's mind. This is the joke thread.

Latest posts