Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

It has been 45 years since I took microbiology in college, but I remember some things. These medical masks are to keep bacteria from getting into an open wound, like in surgery. You can see a bacteria under a regular microscope. An independent virus particle, called a virion, can only be seen under an electron microscope. Stand a match box car beside a train box car, and that is how a virus compared to bacteria looks. A medical masks has about as much of a chance of stopping an air borne virus partical as a chain link fence has in stopping a mosquito. A mask to stop the spread of a virus would have to be made out of Saran wrap. Remember when the China virus first hit in 2020? And the protocal was to always wash your hands, and any surface you may touch...like door handles, shopping cart handles, etc.. Don't touch your face, mouth eyes, etc? The first suggestion about a mask was IF you have the China virus, wear a mask when you go out, to stop mucus, saliva etc from spraying out on to surfaces if you went out while you had it, when you cough or sneeze. After a few months, the protocal changed to " if you have it, stay the hell at home away from other people. I have seen idiots, mostly younger millenials, wearing a mask alone in a car! I always told dr offices and urgent care clinics that if their doctors and nurses did not KNOW it was foolish and ineffective to wear one...if they had forgotten their pre-med microbiology 101... then I was leery of what all else they may have forgotten, and didn't think I trusted them to be able to treat me. I would say: " I don't have it so need in wearing one. If you have it..which I can only assume you do since you have a mask on... then you need to go home til you are well." I was never prevented from seeing one.
Virus don't float around in the air unless they are expelled from a moist body cavity and encased in some kind of fluid droplet. Even masks used to stop bacteria transfer are stopping bacteria in fluids from our insides as we breath. The masks don't stop virus... they stop the droplets that encase the virus. Masks are very effective stopping droplets of fluid from breathing and coughing.
Basic science 101

SO, DON"T COMPLY = DON"T BE ALLOWED TO SEE THE ONCOLIGEST.
THAT'S JUST IGNORIANT.
I DONT CARE IF THEY WORK OR NOT. IF THEY TOLD US WE HAD TO WEAR PURPLE TEE SHIRTS TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE Dr I BET WE WOULD.
Yep, I walked 2 miles one way every day for 6 weeks to see my oncologist for treatment. Putting the mask on was the least of my worries, I worried about having one in my backpack 🤣🤣 though!

gun safety being taught in a indiana school - 1956

241ece2cd2cbc717.jpg

Virus don't float around in the air unless they are expelled from a moist body cavity and encased in some kind of fluid droplet. Even masks used to stop bacteria transfer are stopping bacteria in fluids from our insides as we breath. The masks don't stop virus... they stop the droplets that encase the virus. Masks are very effective stopping droplets of fluid from breathing and coughing.
Basic science 101
This is a 100% accurate and factual post.
But, it goes beyond particle size too. The masks most health care workers and most of the general public now wear (N-95) aren't just a single layer filter. They are made like the filters in a home ac return air filter, but on a much smaller scale. The false claims made by the anti-maskers has been refuted by science many times but they still insist simply because they are grossly uninformed and because ... they want to.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...too-large-stop-covid-19-particles/5343537002/

I'll bite, again. If you want to wear a mask, wear one. It should not be forced on the general public. It is, in some form, a moral imperative for all good men to oppose the kind of crap we saw during COVID (it's over, let's be real) because it represented government overreach. If you allow the types of things the government and even companies pulled during the COVID crap, then you will whittle away every civil liberty you have.

Another good long term thread turned into an old argument about covid and masks? What's the point? Covid is behind us. Look forward and have a good laugh from this thread instead of rehashing what has already been said. There is another section for other discussions where we can eternally try to convince each other of the finer points in life.

I learned decades ago, that if I just lowered my standards significantly, it wouldn't take nearly that long to find the temporary girl of my dreams. cull factor=zero. I changed tho, when it finally dawned on me, that the girls were doing the same thing...

Worth a chuckle, and back to topic.

My 22yo son butchered a 500lb calf yesterday. We drove to town before daylight to get some supplies. I noticed I had a couple diesel jugs sliding around in the back, so I stopped when I got to the highway to strap them.

I heard an odd racket, so I turned the truck off. Son and I just couldn't figure it out. Sounded like a kid goat, then a kid human with a distressed chicken or rabbit in the mix. I imagined all the above in cage fight.

We pulled out onto the highway and about 80 yards on the left, there a four kids next to their mailbox. Looked like they were absorbed in a ceremonial rain dance. I slowed and stopped, rolled my window down. All but one stopped and looked at us. The other just kept flapping her wings, walking in a circle and sounding like a young pig caught by the tail.

I smile and asked them all to continue because they were good. They obliged and we set there in the highway for a couple minutes thoroughly entertained. I saw the bus strobe reflecting of the mailbox, then clapped for the performance and went about our day with a fresh smile.

It helped me to remember how precious childhood is and happy those kids were free to experience it.

Latest posts