Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

A woman decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel.. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.

She demanded to know why the charge was so high "I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay - I didn't even have breakfast!"

The clerk told her that $250.00 is the 'standard rate,' and breakfast had been included had she wanted it.

She insisted on speaking to the Manager. The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."

"But I didn't use them."

'Well, they are here, and you could have." He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous. "We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here."

"But I didn't go to any of those shows.."

"Well, we have them, and you could have."

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the Manager countered with his standard response.

After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him. The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.

"But Madam, this check is for only $50.00"

"That's correct I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me."

"But I didn't!"

"Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

They were burying this rich person. His wishes were to be buried in the most expensive Rolls Royce and it happened . A good old boy leaned over and whispered in his buddies ear "Now that is living".

. . . but with enough money you can rent it for a while.
2 Marines, one an old E9 Sgt and the other a young L/Cpl are stuck in a motel in downtown Memphis decades ago awaiting a flight out to Lejuene and then on to Danang RVN and they inquire with a busboy about getting some 'adult companionship'. Busboy replies he can arrainge it and about an hour later, knock on the door and a rather large mid aged women appears and says "$20 each". The young L/cpl says "Lady, you'll have to pay us a lot more than that" but the old MGySgt is not nearly so particular, interrupts and quickly pulls out a Jackson..

A group of four friends, a doctor, a lawyer, a pastor and a veterinarian had an agreement that when they died that the remaining ones would slip $1000 into his casket to be buried with the first one to go.
The veterinarian died first and after the funeral the remaining three when out for a beer in their deceased friends honor. While reminiscing about their friend, the pastor said, I have a confession to make. I did not put $1000 into the casket because I thought of all the good it could do to help the poor and needy. The doctor spoke up and said, I did not put the $1000 in either because I thought of all of the sick people it could help.
The lawyer was indignant. He said this was an agreement we had for years, and I can't believe you would violate our oath with our friend. The other two sheepishly asked, so you put $1000 in? The lawyer said your damn right I did. I put my personal check for $1000 in just as they closed him up.

Ouch.... too soon :)

p.s.
Chauvin 44 was sentenced to 22 1/2 years in July 2022.
Lane 36 pled guilty in exchange for 3 year sentence with 2 yrs to be served in a minimum security prison, 6 months home monitoring and 6 months suspended,
to run concurrently with like federal sentence.
Kueng 26 and Thao 34 turned down the 3 year plea deal that Lane accepted and received 3 1/2 and 3 year sentences and in addition are now scheduled for trial in October on the federal charges.

Last edited:
May be an illustration of ‎text that says '‎HOOVES ع HORNS BY BYA.W.ERWIN A.W. ERWIN Awwwwh, pleeeease, Paw-Paw, tell us again 'bout the time it rained. aaman‎'‎

Latest posts