Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

You just resurrected a long-buried trauma when I walked in on my grandparents when I was 16.:eek::sick:😳
My grandparents lived in an old house. They still carried water fresh from a spring, and pooped in an outhouse. Granny cooked on a wood cook stove.

The house got electrified about 1967. The wiring was stapled to the visible side of the walls and ceiling. Just for the freezers and fridge, an a single pull-string light bulb in each room.

It was fancy for them, because they had a TV, and grandad had a recliner.

Me and a friend had been out setting traps and walked past the house after dark thirty. We were both 13 years old. We could see the bluish light glowing through the windows and surmised they must be watching the Dukes of Hazard.

Houses built back then had no insulation. As we approached the house we heard strange noises. I was concerned for granny. I'd never heard her raise her voice.

Moral is, never be concerned for granny. She can hold her own, and then some!

Thinking back, they were about the age I am now. Wow, time.

Last edited:
My grandparents lived in an old house. They still carried water fresh from a spring, and pooped in an outhouse. Granny cooked on a wood cook stove.

The house got electrified about 1967. The wiring was stapled to the visible side of the walls and ceiling. Just for the freezers and fridge, an a single pull-string light bulb in each room.

It was fancy for them, because they had a TV, and grandad had a recliner.

Me and a friend had been out setting traps and walked past the house after dark thirty. We were both 13 years old. We could see the bluish light glowing through the windows and surmised they must be watching the Dukes of Hazard.

Houses built back then had no insulation. As we approached the house we heard strange noises. I was concerned for granny. I'd never heard her raise her voice.

Moral is, never be concerned for granny. She can hold her own, and then some!

Thinking back, they were about the age I am now. Wow, time.
Imagine what you would have heard if Grandpa had a FLIR camera!🤣

Says the guy who doesn't drink much
can always refill it, right?
I don't drink alone and I never have company! I currrently have a couple bottles of top shelf scotch that I enjoy a little of here and there. you sure don't need nor want to drink much Lagavulin 16 at a time.. that's a tastes that stays on your palette for an hour

Latest posts