Daddy Issues

Help Support CattleToday:

My sample was sent Saturday. Should have been received Monday but it was not. It is still in transit. (It got lost in the mail system) It'll be next Monday before the AGI gets their hands on it. So any reporting on this, will be slightly delayed.

Thankful I got a tracking # on it so I could see it wasn't moving through the system.

I am currently going through same concern with my bull... hopefully it all gets cleared up
for you as well. I am waiting on the original owner to help me with mine. I, too, have babies on the way with the same exact concerns. I am starting a small herd, am a rookie to the cattle business, and am trying to build a solid foundation of females... and AI into good or even better bloodlines. What a start! And my guy is very reputable, so like you, I am certain we will get it resolved. But as everyone knows... time is pretty valuable.

ETX Rookie said:
I am currently going through same concern with my bull... hopefully it all gets cleared up
for you as well. I am waiting on the original owner to help me with mine. I, too, have babies on the way with the same exact concerns. I am starting a small herd, am a rookie to the cattle business, and am trying to build a solid foundation of females... and AI into good or even better bloodlines. What a start! And my guy is very reputable, so like you, I am certain we will get it resolved. But as everyone knows... time is pretty valuable.

Mine will be. Just taking a little investigative work. I'm being kept in the loop. We have pulled him from pasture and I'm hoping he didn't have to clean up any of the PB girls. He'll still be a registered animal (I hope) when it's all said and done but till it's resolved, I'd rather him be off duty.

Good luck with yours! We just blood sampled all our calves at weaning. If I have any daddy issues, atleast I'll catch them now and not later.

I just started the journey of becoming a cattleman..... and ALL of ours will be DNA'ed by Sept. Its just smart. And helps the breed. I am most definitely a rookie at this, but someone made a comment about epd's and looking at the cow... That seems to be true, the better looking ones, at least to me, typically do have more favorable epd's.

My guy was on vaca, TN show last week, so I am impatiently waiting for him to get back... fingers crossed.

We have some grumpy members and some that like to tease, but I'm sure you can weed thru the answers that will help you. There's a good group of people here. Lots of knowledge. Always learn something new.

Thanks.
I have noticed... but I do have a great sense of humor. 😁. Sometimes its best to say nothing at all... lol.

I wrote a very long post earlier that seems to have disappeared.

The original sire is the real sire. Anomaly with his DNA. Dan Moser handled this with us this past week. He was ONE marker off.

We had met with the operation a few weeks ago and they saw the bull. They were certain it was truly the sire they stated it was. We submitted two samples AND 20 different sires. His closest match was his alleged sire. The anomaly was also found in a half sister that failed its parentage too.

Dan will be discussing this with us later and whether we will have any issues moving forward with the registration of our progeny from our bull.