Daddy Daughter Night

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Tonight I had a date with my daughter at her school for daddy daughter night. Few things stuck out in my head tonight one was all the school shootings as we were in a school with open doors where truly any fool could come in shooting. We were between 2 exits and when I got in there I was thinking of plans of action. I was thinking of how to escape the quickest where could I stash my daughter if something happened where she would be safe etc... I thought to myself this is a sad state of affairs that im planning this stuff out while trying to have fun with my daughter. I always keep 3 guns in my truck however tonight I kept 2 my handgun and my AK-47 with 5 full mags. Keep in mind while in the school those can't help me. I felt naked it was truly an uncomfortable feeling.. I pushed that to the back and made sure my daughter had a fun night and was constantly checking for out of place stuff. I also seen a lil girl who I found out couldn't talk and no kids interacted with her that broke my heart I found out shes mute she can hear just cant talk. I also seen some dads who were crippled and couldn't dance with their daughters when they had daddy daughter songs the look on the daughters and dads faces were sad. I seen one girl who's dad was not there for whatever reason and she was crying her heart out during those songs but her mom was there with her. This event tonight was a real eye opener. I have never been so thankful to make it back home safe and sound and really blessed that I can dance with my daughter and not sit and watch her cry. Just some thoughts I wanted to share. I sometimes take for granted the small things.

Shame that needless worry must be causing hundreds of thousands of hours to be wasted rather than enjoyed while
at what should be joyful events and precious memories. All the focus on the negative must be so much harder on the children than the adults.

greybeard":13alu01r said:
You big ol softie you!!
Sounds like you did a great job under trying circumstances.

I must be getting old since im getting softer :shock:

Son of Butch":13alu01r said:
Shame that needless worry must be causing hundreds of thousands of hours to be wasted rather than enjoyed while
at what should be joyful events and precious memories. All the focus on the negative must be so much harder on the children than the adults.

Very sad

Being in a school or some other public building never gave me anxiety. What gets me ansi is when I get in the parking and I know a meteor could come screaming out of space at any second and brain me leaving some huge crater in the parking lot and will surely put scratches in my truck I can't buff out. That's what bothers me knowing full well that even a perfectly orchestrated tuck, run and roll move won't protect you from a big azz meteor with your name on it.

Jogeephus":366wzfs5 said:
Being in a school or some other public building never gave me anxiety. What gets me ansi is when I get in the parking and I know a meteor could come screaming out of space at any second and brain me leaving some huge crater in the parking lot and will surely put scratches in my truck I can't buff out. That's what bothers me knowing full well that even a perfectly orchestrated tuck, run and roll move won't protect you from a big azz meteor with your name on it.
Or a tree could fall on your car while you're driving down the highway.

ga.prime":2ixeo70b said:
Jogeephus":2ixeo70b said:

Trees falling are a concern around here, a man was killed last week a couple counties over by a falling tree.

So thankful for fathers like you Sky. In recent years I have seen so many heartbreaking situations that it really does make me appreciate when parents, and especially fathers are actively involved in their children's lives in a positive way.

skyhightree1":1jl2zwgj said:
greybeard":1jl2zwgj said:
You big ol softie you!!
Sounds like you did a great job under trying circumstances.

I must be getting old since im getting softer :shock:

Son of Butch":1jl2zwgj said:

Very sad
Not softer Sky. You just feel more. :clap:

Our schools in our small town are rather lax, never seen anything like it. They don't even make me check out when I leave after going to have lunch with my kids. In Houston it was like a military lock down. Guess the difference between a small town and big one.

Ky hills":2o486qwa said:
ga.prime":2o486qwa said:
Jogeephus":2o486qwa said:

Trees falling are a concern around here, a man was killed last week a couple counties over by a falling tree.
On a highway? Pretty rare occurrence, but it does happen.

Glad you had a good time with your daughter.She will never forget the times her Daddy took his time for her.
I feel so sorry for the child who didn't have her Dad.And for the child who got left out.

Jogeephus":1r783xak said:

I worry about lost seagulls coming over me and taking a #2 on my head a lot :lol:

JW IN VA":d9wk7b27 said:
Glad you had a good time with your daughter.She will never forget the times her Daddy took his time for her.
I feel so sorry for the child who didn't have her Dad.And for the child who got left out.

Yea, I can't make every event and my kids know that but ones they really want me to go I do. Yea, I do feel for those kids.

Sky, Great You doing this. That girl will remember this when she old Grandma. Was too busy my younger life, didnt do
enough my daughter and step daughter. But, they appreciate everything I did. Now @ 76 some those paying dividends.
You Good Man/Daddy, keep it up
Wilson Lamar Parmer, DVM

Good for you Sky. It's always tough for the ones that don't have the same participation by their parent, and sometimes it cannot be helped. I remember the times my dad would take us kids fishing...one at a time .... to give us some one on one time. He worked alot. Don't remember alot of school stuff, but they supported my animal / 4-H type things.

farmerjan":dq15n5t3 said:
Good for you Sky. It's always tough for the ones that don't have the same participation by their parent, and sometimes it cannot be helped. I remember the times my dad would take us kids fishing...one at a time .... to give us some one on one time. He worked alot. Don't remember alot of school stuff, but they supported my animal / 4-H type things.
Wife and I were on the road this morning and stopped at McDonald's for a cup of coffee....Man and about a 4-5 year old beautiful young girl were at a table. She was talking to him as she ate some sort of breakfast sandwich and you could just tell she was loving her time with dad.......Dad, (the sob) was playing with his dam phone the entire time and apparently never heard a word she had said. I thought about my buddy Sky, got up walked over and asked her if the man was her daddy. She grinned real big and said yes....looked at him and asked him "why don't you put the phone up and give your daughter some attention?". He looked at me like he wanted to kill me but slipped the phone in his shirt pocket and at least listened to her. The remainder of the time we were there he never touched his phone and we made it a point to make sure they left first.

GOOD FOR YOU TB. She was probably just jabbering away and all insignificant stuff, but yes, he needed to give her his attention. They grow up way too fast, and then are gone; the stupid phones have taken over our lives now. Drives me nuts that people cannot seem to just put them away for 10 or 15 minutes. I know there are benefits to having them, but jeez louise, we all survived without them in the past.

You should encourage your daughter to befriend the mute. I'd also be tempted to do more daughter activities with your own girl and the one without a father if they are friends. Can't help everyone, but the special cases should be given extra effort.

Even a little effort from a good man, goes a long way in a young girls life who doesn't have a father.

Latest posts