D.B. Cooper identity confirmed

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
A team of cold-case investigators claim they've decoded a 1972 message by D.B. Cooper — and that it contains a confession from Vietnam veteran Robert Rackstraw, long suspected of being the infamous skyjacker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/th ... li=BBnb7Kz

AAzhLpF.img

I know this is not the point and taking money not yours is wrong, but I bet there has been way more than 200k been spent on trying to solve this as that was the amount taken.

I watched a documentary on Cooper a few weeks ago. A bundle of money was found in the sand of the river bank and the serial numbers were matched to that which Cooper stole. Any chance he lost only one bundle. Seems unlikely. Speculation was that he landed in a lake (can't remember the name) and drowned and the money washed downstream. But then again, in this day and age you don't know who or what part, of any, to believe. Maybe he died after the jump, maybe he planted the money, maybe he is sipping martinis on a white sandy beach with a cabana girl, maybe it never happened lol. Pretty intriguing entertainment either way.

The money was actually found in a sandbar on the Columbia River. The route the plane took would have put him well down river from any dams. The "lake" that it was speculated DB landed in is behind a dam on the Lewis River. I believe the money was found up stream from where the Lewis runs into the Columbia.