CYSTIC COW

Help Support CattleToday:

Give her a shot og GnRH follwed 7 days later with a shot of lytalyse

HEREFORD ROADHOG":njhollmt said:
what can any of you tell me about this problem ?the vet found it when checking her the other day.

You had the veterinarian in the yard.

You needed to ask him the who, what, where, when, why and how. If you did and you were not happy with the answers - then you need a new veterinarian.

I have never used the method Dun talks about - but I will say this - if it continues - as in you cannot clear it up - you get rid of her. You do not need to perpetuate the problem in her calves - if indeed she has any calves.

Regards

Bez+

dun":2ldj2iht said:
Give her a shot og GnRH follwed 7 days later with a shot of lytalyse

I am assuming the vet "popped" the cyst ???
What Dun said, GnRH and then prostaglandin, We had a severely cystic cow 3 years ago she would not come into heat at all, we were told to be aggressive but I can't remember if it was GnRH for 3 days or GnRH every second day for three days and then 7 days from the last shot prostaglandin.

It happens more often in high producing dairy cattle.
Also, there are many different named GnRh products like cystorellin and fertaline(sp) just to name a few.

your vet can treat your cystic cow.but he may not be able to cure her.an you may not be able to get her bred back.but you can treat her an try to breed her.but if you cant then send her to the sale.

Latest posts