Cypress' farm - tons of pics

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Mnmtranching gave me the bug to go out and take pictures of the farm. Sorry to post so many threads - I'm catching up for lost time. Here's what a lazy evening looked like in south Louisiana - we actually got about 1/4" of rain earlier !

my ugliest cow, who also yields the biggest calf every year. Bought her for $250 as a heifer, she's had four calves without missing:
aintpretty.jpg

beefmaster moma:
beefm.jpg

beefmaster matriarch of the herd, we call her red:
beefmaster-red.jpg

curly the bull only has about a week or so to do this, then he's in confinement:
bigboy1.jpg

My best Brangus cow:
blackisbeautiful.jpg

Brangus replacement:
brangusreplace.jpg

for my freezer this year:
freezerforme.jpg

Reserved for freezer beef:
freezertobe.jpg

Replacement heifer:
hefrepl32.jpg

Replacement heifer:
heiferrepla1.jpg

Another replacement heifer:
heiferreplace1.jpg

Cypress you have some good cows and definately some good replacements in the pipeline. Good job

Thanks for the pics, it's funny how the monarch or as I call them, the lead cow, always has "that look" in her eye.

Alan

where are these dun replacements coming from? are they beefmaster heifer calves from bred cows you purchased?

Beefy":28n6ww18 said:
where are these dun replacements coming from? are they beefmaster heifer calves from bred cows you purchased?

No, I bought 6 heifers last fall at the local stockyard to increase the herd. The owner of them told me that they were limo crosses - they look pretty nice and all have been recently bred by the Angus plus. Hard to turn down, since it was in the fall - I paid in the low 60's for them, and they were 5 to 6 weights. Beefy, I'm hooked on beefmaster since I've seen them cross with the Angus p. I may tinker with ideas here and there, but any serious money would be put into beefmaster cows - they cross too well.

That's a nice set of pics. Never get tired of looking at good, sound, productive cattle. Easy to tell that your doing the right thing with the right cattle.

be nice too have a bunch more, like that brangus cow. did you hang all those tags in that ugly cow too make her more pleasing too the eye. :cowboy:

alacattleman":2auq5t82 said:
be nice too have a bunch more, like that brangus cow. did you hang all those tags in that ugly cow too make her more pleasing too the eye. :cowboy:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

No, she has two insecticide tags and one number tag. However, maybe she could use some accesories to make her look better. She's just butt ugly. She won't get any fatter than you see, and doesn't lose any weight either. Every year she has a really good calf. I have no idea what she is (besides heinz 57), but I actually wouldn't mind having more just like her. I'd just have to keep them in the back away from the road ;-)

Latest posts