Cydectin vs. Ivomec

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl580

Reaction score
Which one, or other, do ya'll use? advantages and disadvantages? i was looking at the ASL mag at home, and it said that the Cydectin had a lower withdrawl date, 21 days i think, compared to the 35 (?) of the others. :idea: :?: here is the website for ASL, could not find this info on the site, just in the mag. http://www.americanlivestock.com/index.jsp

Tried the Cydectin one year and wasn't overly impressed.

We thought we'd give it a whirl because it was less expensive to purchase than the Dectomax or Ivomec, but in the end we had to retreat 1/3 of the herd, so it ended up being far more expensive than the others when that was all said and done.

Take care.

I tried Cydectin pour on once and it didn't seem to control the lice nearly as well as the Eprinex and Ivomec pour ons did.

Use generic ivermectin on most cattle due to lower cost. However, I use cydectin when I buy old granny cows, in case one needs to go to slaughter in less than 48 days.

Cydectin= 0 slaughter withdrawal, non toxic to dung beetles

Ivomec= 48 day slaughter withdrawal, toxic to dung beetles, generic versions very inexpensive.

Just my 2 cents worth

Good luck & happy trails

Brock

We've always used dectomax. It does a good job and I guess its hard changing brands when its working good for you. Always wondered if the cheaper generic stuff was as good.

Latest posts