cwt

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have searched and searched, what is cwt? <br>I am looking at the current market price compared <br>1998!! Please help, I am going to have to give <br>this in a class and I don't know what it is.<br>Thank you so much.<br>brandi
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

cwt stands for hundredweight. Hundredweight means 112 pounds in the British measurement system (or approx. 50.8 kilograms). In the US measurement system, it means 100 pounds (or about 45.4 kilograms). It comes from "C", the roman numeral meaning "100", and "wt", an abbreviation for "weight".<p>Liz Jacobsen<br>Oregon Park Maine Anjous<br>Buln Buln East, Victoria, Australia
<br>

[email protected]

Liz, you are a smart lady! I have followed your answers on here for a while and am always impressed. Attagirl!<br>: cwt stands for hundredweight. Hundredweight means 112 pounds in the British measurement system (or approx. 50.8 kilograms). In the US measurement system, it means 100 pounds (or about 45.4 kilograms). It comes from "C", the roman numeral meaning "100", and "wt", an abbreviation for "weight".<p>: Liz Jacobsen<br>: Oregon Park Maine Anjous<br>: Buln Buln East, Victoria, Australia<p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.totalaccess.net/~calpat/">CalPat Longhorns</a></ul>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1c0eorl2 said:
: Liz, you are a smart lady! I have followed your answers on here for a while and am always impressed. Attagirl!<br>: : cwt stands for hundredweight. Hundredweight means 112 pounds in the British measurement system (or approx. 50.8 kilograms). In the US measurement system, it means 100 pounds (or about 45.4 kilograms). It comes from "C", the roman numeral meaning "100", and "wt", an abbreviation for "weight".<p>: : Liz Jacobsen<br>: : Oregon Park Maine Anjous<br>: : Buln Buln East, Victoria, Australia<p>YEp that what it means!!! But I would never thought of the Roman part hahahaha.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Thank you. Not smart, just own a dictionary!<p>Liz Jacobsen<br>Oregon Park Maine Anjous<br>Buln Buln East, Victoria, Australia
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":131ftipj said:
: Thank you. Not smart, just own a dictionary!<p>: Liz Jacobsen<br>: Oregon Park Maine Anjous<br>: Buln Buln East, Victoria, Australia<p>no you aren't dumb just learning as we all do everyday. Never hurt to ask dumb questions. I always ask dumb questions. Well hope to hear from you soon<p>Mylum<br>
<br>

[email protected]