Cut 2" off a whole roll of netting.

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I mistakenly bought a roll of 50" wide baler netting and my baler only takes 48". Any way to cut 2" off the whole roll? Chop saw maybe? I can't return it and I do not know anyone with a baler that takes 50" net so I am stuck with it. :dunce:

Most balers will not know the difference. I have a 5410 rebel and have used 52" net in it. It calls for 48". So what brand of baler.

millstreaminn":o82fwjqb said:
Its a Krone baler and the 50" net will not fit on the baler. It's 2" too wide to fit in the baler.

I think I would just chalk up the 50" twine as a loss and buy the right width. I would think that you would have a lot of wrapping around rollers and such with the lose ends. You might list the 50" on craigslist in your area.

either it will work cutting it off or it wont .. You have nothing to loose at this point i say go for it but I would use a razor knife or and sharp electric knife , mark where you want it cut around the roll then cut as deep as you can length wise on the 2 " you are removing and peal off excess as you go

hurleyjd":r6vyuu4x said:
Most balers will not know the difference. I have a 5410 rebel and have used 52" net in it. It calls for 48". So what brand of baler.
In the future I will use 48 inch wide as the bale is 46 inches wide. I do have a lot of net buildup on rollers and I hope the 48 inch wide will solve that problem

millstreaminn":1l2lzucs said:
I mistakenly bought a roll of 50" wide baler netting and my baler only takes 48". Any way to cut 2" off the whole roll? Chop saw maybe? I can't return it and I do not know anyone with a baler that takes 50" net so I am stuck with it. :dunce:

Should fit any 48 fit wide Vermeer or john deere. And maybe the New Holland

Supa Dexta":2sxtyers said:
There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.

Should have taken your advise. I ended up using a hot wire like you cut foam with. Worked like a charm cutting through the net but melted it together so it won't feed off the roll in the baler. Big fail.

millstreaminn":1fqplqsz said:
Supa Dexta":1fqplqsz said:
There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.

Should have taken your advise. I ended up using a hot wire like you cut foam with. Worked like a charm cutting through the net but melted it together so it won't feed off the roll in the baler. Big fail.

Ignored my advice to.

I think I would just chalk up the 50" twine as a loss and buy the right width. I would think that you would have a lot of wrapping around rollers and such with the lose ends. You might list the 50" on craigslist in your area.

Latest posts