Cut 2" off a whole roll of netting.

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I mistakenly bought a roll of 50" wide baler netting and my baler only takes 48". Any way to cut 2" off the whole roll? Chop saw maybe? I can't return it and I do not know anyone with a baler that takes 50" net so I am stuck with it. :dunce:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Most balers will not know the difference. I have a 5410 rebel and have used 52" net in it. It calls for 48". So what brand of baler.

hurleyjd

Reaction score
millstreaminn":o82fwjqb said:
Its a Krone baler and the 50" net will not fit on the baler. It's 2" too wide to fit in the baler.

I think I would just chalk up the 50" twine as a loss and buy the right width. I would think that you would have a lot of wrapping around rollers and such with the lose ends. You might list the 50" on craigslist in your area.

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
either it will work cutting it off or it wont .. You have nothing to loose at this point i say go for it but I would use a razor knife or and sharp electric knife , mark where you want it cut around the roll then cut as deep as you can length wise on the 2 " you are removing and peal off excess as you go

hurleyjd

Reaction score
hurleyjd":r6vyuu4x said:
Most balers will not know the difference. I have a 5410 rebel and have used 52" net in it. It calls for 48". So what brand of baler.
In the future I will use 48 inch wide as the bale is 46 inches wide. I do have a lot of net buildup on rollers and I hope the 48 inch wide will solve that problem

hurleyjd

Reaction score
millstreaminn":1l2lzucs said:
I mistakenly bought a roll of 50" wide baler netting and my baler only takes 48". Any way to cut 2" off the whole roll? Chop saw maybe? I can't return it and I do not know anyone with a baler that takes 50" net so I am stuck with it. :dunce:

Should fit any 48 fit wide Vermeer or john deere. And maybe the New Holland

OP
millstreaminn

millstreaminn

Reaction score
Supa Dexta":2sxtyers said:
There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.

Should have taken your advise. I ended up using a hot wire like you cut foam with. Worked like a charm cutting through the net but melted it together so it won't feed off the roll in the baler. Big fail.

hurleyjd

Reaction score
millstreaminn":1fqplqsz said:
Supa Dexta":1fqplqsz said:
There is a 0% chance I would mess around with that aggravation.

Should have taken your advise. I ended up using a hot wire like you cut foam with. Worked like a charm cutting through the net but melted it together so it won't feed off the roll in the baler. Big fail.

Ignored my advice to.

I think I would just chalk up the 50" twine as a loss and buy the right width. I would think that you would have a lot of wrapping around rollers and such with the lose ends. You might list the 50" on craigslist in your area.

Latest posts