Customer ranch visits and photos of their cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
Every year we try to get to most of our bull customers ranches to see their calves and how the bulls are doing. I really enjoy this as I get to know our customers a bit better. Sale day isn't a good day to meet and remember who they are as my I am ussually quite busy. I made 7 visits this week. I took the camara along and if I remembered I snapped some photos. This way I can give the photos to potential calf buyers so they have an idea of what they are selling. Plus I like to take a quick photo of the bulls for my own use.

Here are a few photos from a ranch west of Minot

Here is a photo of a bull he purchased from us last fall.

These are from a ranch north of Jamestown

Here are a few from anther ranch further north of Jamestown

This photo is in a different pasture and nearly all are first or second calf heifers and most of them were purchased from us.

It was a little chilly on the morning this guy was born - He is out of a first calf heifer

Here are a couple bulls he got from us in the fall of 2007

Here is another bull we sold last fall to a new customer between Bismarck and Jamestown and a bit North. I was a bit nervous as they wanted him but wasn't there. I told them I thought he was quite a bit under average but they liked his pedigree and weights so had me buy him for them. He sure looks good now, and they love him.

another look at him

Now there is some quality cattle. Good job BRG. If'n red sold well here I would be knocking on your door for a bull and some replacement heifers :tiphat:

Thanks everyone for all the compliments. The owners of the cattle would appreciate it as well!

"nearly all are first or second calf heifers"

Whats a second calf hiefer? I'm not trying to be a smart butt, cause around here when a hiefer has her first calf she is now considered a cow. Those are some good looking bulls you have.

"I thought he was quite a bit under average"

He looks pretty darn good now. What was "a bit under average" then?

pinzgauer1":29c1dl3f said:
"nearly all are first or second calf heifers"

Whats a second calf hiefer? I'm not trying to be a smart butt, cause around here when a hiefer has her first calf she is now considered a cow. Those are some good looking bulls you have.

We use the term too, and I still think it's odd. Just means it's her second calf. I hear people say the hardest part of dealing w/heifers isn't getting the first calf here, it's getting her bred while her first calf's with her. I can only guess that's where it came from.

kenny thomas":368x71iw said:
When I buy some of your heifers are you coming to VA to check them out. I expect the same treatment. :lol2: :lol2:

No promises, but it sure would be nice to get out that way. You never know.

Brandonm22":2a3zal1j said:
"I thought he was quite a bit under average"

He looks pretty darn good now. What was "a bit under average" then?

He was in the bottom 1/3 of the sale. Weaned off great, but just didn't perform like I had hoped later on. He didn't have the eye appeal that alot of the other did.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Latest posts