Custom Rates survey

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeerefarmer

Reaction score
I am interested in custom rates for your area:

pasture mowing, by the acre or hour?

pasture spraying?

applying granular fertilizer/ per acre:

hay baling (4X4 round) to include cutting and raking: price per bale?

hay baling (4X5 round) to include cutting and raking:

hay baling ONLY:

how much extra does net wrap cost per bale?

hauling charge for round bales?

hauling charge for moving cattle?

disking per acre

chisel plowing per acre

Thanks

The man who does mine be chargin $7 a big round bale, $.50 a bale for small squares or rounds but with fuel prices be going up the way they be, it probably gonna be more next season. That be for the whole package, start ta finish.He also have a per acre fee on top a that, but he don't make me pay it cause we be neighbors and all, so I can't be sure what that be.

george

Large rounds, approx. #1300, baled with JD baler, net wrap, $9. That was just running over it with the baler. To cut, rake, and bale it would be $20 a bale. That's for land, ditches, depend on how steep, and how wet, and much he gets stuck, he might try to get a little more. $0.85 per loaded mile to haul cattle, and that was last fall.

Rookie":tvufbhze said:
The man who does mine be chargin $7 a big round bale, $.50 a bale for small squares or rounds but with fuel prices be going up the way they be, it probably gonna be more next season. That be for the whole package, start ta finish.He also have a per acre fee on top a that, but he don't make me pay it cause we be neighbors and all, so I can't be sure what that be.

george

George, you be got a good deal.

Yeah, with neighbors, it be - you be doin a little for me, I be doin a little for you, we both come out a little ahead with a little less worry upon us. :D

My rates for baling - do twine or wrap - your choice.

Net wrap - add 50 cents to all bale prices below.

Dollar per foot of diameter - plus one dollar. Prices likely to increase next year by a buck per bale or so. You want a 4 foot bale we charge 5 bucks - 5 foot bales we charge 6 bucks - 6 foot bales we charge 7 bucks. I want big fluffy windrows and I call the baling time - hate it when I get there and hay is so dry it is powder. Causes more grief than most realize.

We generally can put out about 20/22 - 5 foot bales per hour under the right conditions.

Bez

now this is going tobe a brain strainer. shredding $10ac hay cutting $5 a roll hay baling $10 a roll raking $5 a roll disking $12 an ac pre pass drilling $15 an ac spraying$15 an ac i think thats it . scott

Around here spraying is $4.50 per acre, drilling is $10 per acre + fuel, baling is usually done on a cutting-raking-baling combo-$12.00 for a 5*6 or about 10 for a 4*5. Everyone shreds there own pastures and if someone needs shredding work done it is usually so much per hour. Rates will vary widely depending on how much you have and what condition it is in.

JB

Bez":25p20ztg said:

Dollar per foot of diameter - plus one dollar. Prices likely to increase next year by a buck per bale or so. You want a 4 foot bale we charge 5 bucks - 5 foot bales we charge 6 bucks - 6 foot bales we charge 7 bucks. I want big fluffy windrows and I call the baling time - hate it when I get there and hay is so dry it is powder. Causes more grief than most realize.

We generally can put out about 20/22 - 5 foot bales per hour under the right conditions.

Bez

Dammit Bez ..I,m selling out and moving to your neck of the woods :lol: .

Nobody will bale in this area for under $10 4x4- $12 4x5 $14 5x5 $16 6x5 per bale.

Want netwrap add 2 to 4 bucks .

baleage add 4 bucks a 4x4 bale

Custom spraying $10-15 per acre
custom fertilizing $8 per acre
custom cutting $10 with a discbine $12

swathing $10 per acre

Custom seeding $15 per acre

Cultivating $10 per acre

Hauling bales .50 cents per a bale per mile 36 bales a load

Frenchies rates are cheaper then the rates around here. Last year we paid $18 a bale to have it cut, raked and baled 5x6, this year we got a quote for $23 a bale. That's why we went ahead and bought our own hay equipment this year.

sidney411":2iufpm7m said:
Frenchies rates are cheaper then the rates around here. Last year we paid $18 a bale to have it cut, raked and baled 5x6, this year we got a quote for $23 a bale. That's why we went ahead and bought our own hay equipment this year.

sidny 411 ..That price is just for baling..you want it cut add $10an acre and a $2 to rake.

George":csmhau3q said:
Why so expensive for baling Frenchie?Wish i was closer,could make some pretty good money,at those rates.

George a lot of large grain farmers ( 8000-11,000 acres)up here, have small cowherds that can not justify haying equipment, nor have the time.

Thats what they are willing to pay. so thats the going rate.

frenchie":3viqsb39 said:
Bez":3viqsb39 said:

Bez

Dammit Bez ..I,m selling out and moving to your neck of the woods :lol: .

Nobody will bale in this area for under $10 4x4- $12 4x5 $14 5x5 $16 6x5 per bale.

Want netwrap add 2 to 4 bucks .

baleage add 4 bucks a 4x4 bale

Custom spraying $10-15 per acre
custom fertilizing $8 per acre
custom cutting $10 with a discbine $12

swathing $10 per acre

Custom seeding $15 per acre

Cultivating $10 per acre

Hauling bales .50 cents per a bale per mile 36 bales a load

frenchie - I have paid as much as 107.50 bucks for a round bale when feed is scarce - pay the price or find it elsewhere - almost broke us a few years ago. This by someone we knew well, and who we had always paid a fair dollar to - we always bought his entire hay crop. Never bought from him again.

I actually make a bit of a profit on my neighbours when I do the work - but after what I experienced in the drought I swore I would never gouge my neighbour the way I was taken.

Perhaps my morals and ethics will not make me rich - but I will always be able to look in the mirror and see someone who attempts to be fair.

That is it in a nut shell.

Bez

Bez":1tjepn5e said:
frenchie - I have paid as much as 107.50 bucks for a round bale when feed is scarce - pay the price or find it elsewhere - almost broke us a few years ago. This by someone we knew well, and who we had always paid a fair dollar to - we always bought his entire hay crop. Never bought from him again.

I actually make a bit of a profit on my neighbours when I do the work - but after what I experienced in the drought I swore I would never gouge my neighbour the way I was taken.

Perhaps my morals and ethics will not make me rich - but I will always be able to look in the mirror and see someone who attempts to be fair.

That is it in a nut shell.

Bez

Bez I been in your shoes... not fun...just amazes me the difference in rates thats all.

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":1zpil46u said:
In this area folks claim it costs them $12 a 4x5 bale to put up their own hay. :shock: :cboy:

It costs me about $9.00 per bale just for the fertilizer...

350lbs/acre of 23-7-14 at $287 ton

Latest posts