Custom Baling Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":pbi9h8cf said:
Among the most profitable farms in my county is a sod farm. They cut a LOT of sod.

Truck load after truck load of palleted sod squares leave here every day headed for the metro-plex. The big rolls go too but I think they mostly go to corpo projects, ball parks, stadiums, golf courses and things like that.

The land scape folks actually make more nickels than the farms. The fancy golf course housing additions are eat up with the "keeping up with the Jones" syndrom.

Very fine grass. Drought tolerant too. The yards almost look carpeted.

backhoeboogie Just let it out to the turf companies. Big money for the sandy loam. They are hauling turf to the golf courses and stadiums all over the U.S. from right here. They can roll out the grass for a ball park in no time. After they pull the grass they rebed said:
Grass sod does not stay together in our sugar sands very well.

john250":qgiqfy2a said:
Our sod farm lays a geotextile net on the surface after they seed. It helps hold the stuff together.

So that's the secret? I wondered how they did that. Most of the sand comes loose if it is not extremely wet. That is great for coastal sprig but probably not for sod.

Pennsylvania puts out a list of average custom rates each year , they list round baling at 7.25 per bale , but fuel may have went up since that .

Latest posts