Curtiss candy company. To Schnerring granddaughter-any records of Curtiss Breeding Service. Would like to verify if I might be youngest to graduate

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave F

Reaction score
To Schnerring granddaughter Are there any records of Curtiss Breeding Service? Would like to verify if I might be youngest to graduate Otto Schnerring College in April 1965 age 16

To Schnerring granddaughter Are there any records of Curtiss Breeding Service? Would like to verify if I might be youngest to graduate Otto Schnerring College in April 1965 age 16
I graduated from Curtiss Breeding Service AI School in 1974 I think...... was either a sophomore or junior in high school when I took the course, so I wouldn't have been more than 16, maybe could have been 15 with a farm permit. Incredibly cold January days when I drove to the class held at out local fairgrounds in an old VW bug with the rockers all rotted out..... which meant "NO HEAT"............ (rear mounted air cooled engine, used the rockers as a heat duct to get "warm??" air into the cabin and onto the windshield.... they had an optional gasoline powered auxiliary heater that fit in the glove box if you were "lucky enough" to have one of 'em.... the one we had didn't......... things caused alot of fires I guess) Remember vividly driving down the highway in -30 temps with the window open and head sticking out just to be able to see the road ahead...... running late of course... windshield all frosted up on the inside from our breath! Good times!

I think Curtiss folded up like maybe 2 years or so after that? Think they got bought out by Select Sires? Or maybe Eastern? My AI kit still has the Curtiss Breeding Service stickers on it.

. Incredibly cold January days when I drove to the class held at out local fairgrounds in an old VW bug with the rockers all rotted out..... which meant "NO HEAT"............ (rear mounted air cooled engine, used the rockers as a heat duct to get "warm??" air into the cabin and onto the windshield.
One of my best friends had a VW like that in the 70's. Good times.