curtiss breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave F

Reaction score
Would anyone remember Elmer Hansen and his connection to Curtiss? A highly respected national dairy judge but because of our association with Curtiss came to judge a 30-40 head county fair. Would also like to hear any knowledge of Ted Kruger and Miles McCary

JLG

Reaction score
One of my first inseminator cards with Curtiss was signed by Melvin L. Kenley and Galen Sensor.

Dave F

Reaction score
Would anyone remember Elmer Hansen and his connection to Curtiss? A highly respected national dairy judge but because of our association with Curtiss came to judge a 30-40 head county fair. Would also like to hear any knowledge of Ted Kruger and Miles McCary

Dave F

Reaction score
Galen also was my instructor. Early 70’s a cattleman brought 750 Hereford heifers from out west having to drive them 11 miles on horseback to a loading facility. We AI them all using Simmental on 150. That cross was costly as calving death rate was extremely high using Simmental on 1st calf heifers

Dave F

Reaction score
To Schnerring granddaughter. Are there any O S College records available? I might be youngest graduate and would like to verify. Still have diploma from April 1965 at the age of 16. Greatest of memories of Curtiss

Lannie

Reaction score
My grandfather was named Elmer Hansen. He died when I was 14 I think, and I don't remember him ever saying anything about cows or dairy. He was a hard core fisherman, and lived in Portland, OR the last part of his life. I'm embarrassed to say I don't really know anything more about him, but my mother was weird, and never spent much time with family, and especially not with in-laws. Elmer was my dad's father. Anyway, it's probably not the same Elmer Hansen. Just a weird name coincidence, maybe. Unless grampa had another life before I knew him.