Curious about Ivan

Help Support CattleToday:

BWA

Reaction score
Anyone on the board been hit by Ivan? If so, how bad?

tornadoes in north east georgia and two days of constant rain. in the mountains they reported hurricane strength winds and we have several trees down. plus i think i have a cold now.

Most people think we are too far inland to be bothered by a hurricane but Ivan dumped 8 1/2 inches of rain on us from 5 am friday morning till about 8 pm friday night. This 8 inches on an already flooded area from 14 inches of Frances just a week earlier.
My county fair is running this week and the fair board made the decision to shut it down for the day. But the damage is done...there are lots of folks that are either flooded in or flooded out. It is going to do good to hit 60 degrees the rest of the weekend. And like Beefy, I think I caught a cold.

our board moderator lives at ground zero...orange beach alabama...how did you make out?? i live just north of new orleans we were scrambling there for a while...i saw where florabama was hit prety heavy

And another two possibly coming soon as well.

I know it's been said before, but this sure has been an odd year for weather! It's hotter here in central Texas this week than it's been all summer.

TheBullLady":37i50uit said:
And another two possibly coming soon as well.

I know it's been said before, but this sure has been an odd year for weather! It's hotter here in central Texas this week than it's been all summer.
Same here. We had 70 some degree days in August, with plenty of rain. Now it has quit raining.

Actually tonight forecasters said TS Jeanne may just skim by Florida then make land somewhere in the Carolinas.... Hurricane Karl will never see land....it is already heading north into the middle of the Atlantic. Next on the list is Lisa....

Officially, Nov. 30th....however they mentioned in 98 there were two Tropical storms after Nov. 30th..... Hurricanes are unpredictable.......
Jeanne sure is raising H.... over Haiti! Over 50 people has died from her destruction... I hope she steers away from Fl!

Would you guys believe that Ivan left the US, went out to sea, then turned around and went South. His remnants are dumping on us right now. He could pass through Florida again and emerge into the Gulf, trying to redevelop. Who in Florida has the Hurricane magnet?

D.R. Cattle":2l75ixcu said:
Who in Florida has the Hurricane magnet?

It's my fault -- has to be. We've started moving.

The year I moved to Nebraska was the worst year for snow in many years -- it snowed so much so fast that they cancelled Halloween.

Seems like anytime I move to a new area, the area gets hit by freak weather.

So yeah, it's my fault.

Ann B

Ann Bledsoe":38uew9dc said:
D.R. Cattle":38uew9dc said:
Who in Florida has the Hurricane magnet?

It's my fault -- has to be. We've started moving.

The year I moved to Nebraska was the worst year for snow in many years -- it snowed so much so fast that they cancelled Halloween.

Seems like anytime I move to a new area, the area gets hit by freak weather.

So yeah, it's my fault.

Ann B

Good thing we're not moving there too. We have the same affect on the weather

dun

Ann I heard a pretty neat story about strom surge and Lake Okeechobee. A guy I know lives on the lake. The nut climbed the dike to take a look during the hurricane. He claimed the lake bed was dry for 200 yards from where the water usually sits, meaning the hurricane had blown all the water to one side of the lake. AKA storm surge. Sounds pretty spooky heh?

Yes, i would believe that ivan has come back for more. Luckily Jeanne is just going around and around in circles in the bahamas (for now) and karl is expected to stay at sea.

Ivan: Yes he is heading back to the States...no thanks to Jeanne! SHe is pushing him back towards Florida... He will pass through Florida with gusty winds around 30-40 MPH. Pass through the Gulf and into Texas.... The guy doesn't want to die does he?
Jeanne: At first she will head back out the Atlantic then make a sharp turn to the left towards Fl by this weekend... Something to do with the atmosphere that is causing Jeanne to be very erratic and very slow! Shes already killed 90 people in Haiti and wrecking havoc in the Bahamas... Look like there will be no Honeymoon couples passing through here for a while!
Karl: he is "Out of sight, out of mind" type of hurricane....they expect him to turn north towards the middle of the atlantic.
Lisa: She is building strength and we have no idea what she will become! She is weeks away from land so don't worry about her...for now.......

greenpasture,
you should be a weatherperson. they dont even have to be right half of the time.

D.R. Cattle":h3zwhh7x said:
Ann I heard a pretty neat story about strom surge and Lake Okeechobee. A guy I know lives on the lake. The nut climbed the dike to take a look during the hurricane. He claimed the lake bed was dry for 200 yards from where the water usually sits, meaning the hurricane had blown all the water to one side of the lake. AKA storm surge. Sounds pretty spooky heh?

That is weird!!

But then isn't that lake real shallow?

Ann B

This is what Ivan did to the Ensco 64
which
> was at Main Pass 280 #5. Notice there are no legs (or other parts) on
this
> jackup anymore. Ensco figures a 60' wave hit this rig. This well is now
> delayed.....
Ivan0301.jpg
[/img]And ,, No I wasn't on this rig :cboy:

Latest posts