Cure for Diabetes

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I may have stumbled on the cure for diabetes last week. Had a friend from England come visit who is a diabetic. After eating southern cooking for a week his blood sugar dropped to the lowest level its been in three years. I'm pretty sure it was due to the Imbalancer beef he consumed but more study will be needed. I'm hoping the feds will give me a large grant to study this further because it could have had something to do with the bacon, sausage, grits, eggs, burgers, fried catfish, beaver, snake, gator, fried bass, hushpuppies, French fries, pork chops, pulled pork, smoked quail, creamed corn, green beans with carrots and taters, cole slaw, potato salad, wine, whiskey, beer, bologna, souse or a few other things. But I'm pretty sure it was the Imbalancer beef.

Jogeephus said:
I may have stumbled on the cure for diabetes last week. Had a friend from England come visit who is a diabetic. After eating southern cooking for a week his blood sugar dropped to the lowest level its been in three years. I'm pretty sure it was due to the Imbalancer beef he consumed but more study will be needed. I'm hoping the feds will give me a large grant to study this further because it could have had something to do with the bacon, sausage, grits, eggs, burgers, fried catfish, beaver, snake, gator, fried bass, hushpuppies, French fries, pork chops, pulled pork, smoked quail, creamed corn, green beans with carrots and taters, cole slaw, potato salad, wine, whiskey, beer, bologna, souse or a few other things. But I'm pretty sure it was the Imbalancer beef.]

Whooooa there, take it easy there Jo, you makin me hungry again!

Jogeephus":77h6dr3z said:
French fries,creamed corn, green beans with carrots and taters,potato salad, wine, whiskey, beer.
May very well have been the beef, one thing is for sure, it wasn't any of the above.

I got down to about 250 but can't break through it, maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Do you sell organic, anti-diabetic imbalancer meat by the pound? :D

From looking at pictures, I'm sure your food is magical. But, are you working them or hunting them hard as well? Little outside activity and reduced stress can also sure make a difference.

Seems to me like we try to blame food instead of our sedentary lifestyle. I can't remember the last time I used an ax other than breaking ice, but I have a chain saw, an impact wrench, electric hay bale forks, grain auger, fence post auger, four wheeler, table saw, nail gun, electric drills, dremil tools, grinders, wire stretchers, garage door opener, front end loader, and a hundred other cheats. I'm not against modernization, and you can look at me and tell.

Personally I think that it was the Beaver.

I bet that your friend enjoyed his visit. There is nothing like genuine southern hospitality and food.

That reminds me of something. I worked at a place years ago that gave free health screening. If it wasn't for red meat, eggs, and starch I'd starve to death, and it would frustrate the "healthy" eaters to no end that my cholesterol would always be one of the lowest tested. I told them that Budweiser flushes it out and that's why mine was so low.

chippie":1ul9rt9f said:

I bet that your friend enjoyed his visit. There is nothing like genuine southern hospitality and food.

There's some words to live by! :cowboy:

Commercialfarmer":2zeixqfv said:
I got down to about 250 but can't break through it, maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Do you sell organic, anti-diabetic imbalancer meat by the pound?

I will once my patent is approved. I plan on selling a cut of meat similar to the Vegas Steak only rather than it being cut from the head toward the tail it will be cut from the opposite direction making the cut completely different and will be called the Obama Steak.

Don't understand diabetes that well but if I remember right his number dropped from 300 to 100 - whatever that means. He was well pleased with it anyway.

3waycross":3a9upcx2 said:
chippie":3a9upcx2 said:

:secret: :secret: :secret: nope...... Not going to say it! :secret:

Alan":136p4o3g said:
3waycross":136p4o3g said:
chippie":136p4o3g said:

:secret: :secret: :secret: nope...... Not going to say it! :secret:
But we are all thinking it... :hide:

Jogeephus":369yq67s said:
Commercialfarmer":369yq67s said:
I got down to about 250 but can't break through it, maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Do you sell organic, anti-diabetic imbalancer meat by the pound?

I will once my patent is approved. I plan on selling a cut of meat similar to the Vegas Steak only rather than it being cut from the head toward the tail it will be cut from the opposite direction making the cut completely different and will be called the Obama Steak.

Don't understand diabetes that well but if I remember right his number dropped from 300 to 100 - whatever that means. He was well pleased with it anyway.

300 is pretty high. 100 is pretty good. Not quite "normal", but not too bad. It's really not good if your friend is in the 300 range very often. Needs to adjust insulin or whatever meds he/she is using to regulate.
If your meals were weighted to the protein side, with good helpings of low glycemic veges (most anything green, except peas), that could account for a lot of it. I'm also guessing that your friends activity level was higher than normal. The potatoes, grits, corn and alcohol...well not so helpful in bringing it down.
Blood sugar is simple and complicated at the same time. Your body will turn everything to sugar for energy. The pancreas produces insulin to regulate the level of sugar in the blood. To (over) simplify, diabetics (depending on type) are either no longer producing insulin to regulate that sugar level, or are producing insulin insufficiently or erratically. Their blood sugar increases, which wreaks havoc on every organ of the body. Most diabetics can trace a family history to it, though not always properly diagnosed in the past.
Husband and I both have long genetic trails of diabetes, though (so far) neither of us is diabetic. We do both have blood sugar issues that we are aware of and address with diet and activity levels.

3waycross":1oezvrpo said:
chippie":1oezvrpo said:

oh the near occasion of sin. :lol2:

Commercialfarmer":27tczaog said:
I got down to about 250 but can't break through it, maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Do you sell organic, anti-diabetic imbalancer meat by the pound? :D

From looking at pictures, I'm sure your food is magical. But, are you working them or hunting them hard as well? Little outside activity and reduced stress can also sure make a difference.

Seems to me like we try to blame food instead of our sedentary lifestyle. I can't remember the last time I used an ax other than breaking ice, but I have a chain saw, an impact wrench, electric hay bale forks, grain auger, fence post auger, four wheeler, table saw, nail gun, electric drills, dremil tools, grinders, wire stretchers, garage door opener, front end loader, and a hundred other cheats. I'm not against modernization, and you can look at me and tell.

Been wondering what all of that confounded noise was when we have a strong westerly wind. Now we know. :tiphat:

Latest posts