cultipacker price?

Help Support CattleToday:

sheepdr

Reaction score
I'm in western Nevada and we don't use cultipackers much out here. How much should I have to pay for a used cultipacker in good shape? I think I found one either 6 or 8' long.
Sheepdr

It depends on the food plot market there. That seems to be where most of them are going these days, at least ones that size. When I see them at farm auctions, they go for a couple/few hundred dollars. When I see them offered on places like Craigslist, they're double to triple that.

What do you do with a cultipacker? My brother-in-law brought one here last weekend and drove under a big oak limb and lifted it off the trailer with a come along and pulled out and left it sitting there. I didn't know what it was so I asked him and he said a cultipacker. It looks like it might be good for something. I've been meaning to hook it to my 4-wheeler and see if it would pull it. It looks like an 8ft one.

skyhightree1":rurpfvsk said:
A cultipacker is used to basically press seeds into freshly disced loose dirt so seeds can make good soil contact.
what he said ^

and alot of folks around here sprig bermuda and disc it in then culipack it for a level smooth field

Thats one piece of equip I don't have but would like one. I generally just disc the dirt up really fine over load the dirt with seeds and set my disc to lightly cover the seeds.

skyhightree1":2z0ykxxh said:
are yall planning on making it into a 3pt hitch cultipacker ?
Not sure if you're talking to me but if you are, no, the one here is draw bar pulled and that's the way it will stay.

Yes ga I was sorry ... oh ok gotcha. If I ever get one I want mine to be 3pt hitch incase I gotta go down the road with it or help someone.

skyhightree1":1ur3mdhf said:
Yes ga I was sorry ... oh ok gotcha. If I ever get one I want mine to be 3pt hitch incase I gotta go down the road with it or help someone.
I know what you're talking about there. The draw bar one has to dragged everywhere it goes or loaded on a trailer.

Yes sir and makes for a pain to unload if youre in a open field with no trees to hoise it off with if you dont have a tractor with loader.

Latest posts