Cull cows, bull, 2 bull calves sale results

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Got the check for the ones I sold..
The two bull calves (Chester was one of them) were exactly the same weight (310 lbs) and sold for $2.10/lb.. Chester was lanky, the other was pretty stout and chromed up.

Sabine, the skinny old (14 year old) rack of a cow weighed in at 1600 lbs and got 0.88
Sofa, the fat small cow (4 year old) weighed in at 1150 and got .82
The Limo bull weighed in at 2100 and got 1.14, which is pretty much the high price for a bull.. I gave the papers with him

Kinda surprised Sofa brought less per pound than Sabine

Costs the same to kill a big one as a small one. Hate when I have to take 1300 lb and under cows to barn - always get docked unless they are young. But if 1600 lbs +, almost always ring the bell. Very good price on bull, that is about top price in the West, period.

No, I wasn't either.. but one being an orphan is forgiveable..
On the other one, the cow is gone now so there's no repeat of that.

I'm going to guess the bull went to another place to breed?

When I traded bulls with my friend, I was surprised at how much Marko weighed. I weighed truck, trailer, and bull, and while I added about 100lbs of sand into the trailer when Marko was in it, my total weight was only 10kg (22lbs) lighter.. I'm thinking Marko is right around the weight of the Limo bull, which is why he was dominant.. Hector certainly is heavier