"Cull Cow" Sales ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hay test called for 1.1 pounds per day per cow, so 3X that every third day. I am actually a little under that.

Can blend DDG with urea and a mineral package. I did.

Aaron said:
W.B. said:
Stocker Steve said:
W.B. I guess hindsight is 20/20 but there are a lot of cows to liquidate yet. Are you seeing unusual entire herd liquations ? [/quote said:
The 50 and under crowd is getting discouraged.

You mean they don't all have an 80k off-farm job, running 80 cows and 300-500k in debt? Because a bunch around here do and they seemed tickled pink. :shock: I don't know what it would take to get rid of some of these guys that flood the market with 250% subsidized calves, but I certainly wouldn't complain if it happened. Maybe if interest rates skyrocketed, but I doubt that will happen in the near future.

Whoa! Pump the breaks. I am part of the next generation raising cattle. I work hard every day, Christmas too. My cows pay the bills. Don't be grouping all of us young cattle producers with those playboy steer jocks.
The only reason I have cows is because I love raising cattle. You couldn't pay me enough to work this hard, but since I love it I'll keep working for free until this cycle turns around.

SBMF 2015 said:
Whoa! Pump the breaks. I am part of the next generation raising cattle. I work hard every day, Christmas too. My cows pay the bills. Don't be grouping all of us young cattle producers with those playboy steer jocks.
The only reason I have cows is because I love raising cattle. You couldn't pay me enough to work this hard, but since I love it I'll keep working for free until this cycle turns around.

High 5 from an 80s baby.

Feed em out and direct market. Screw the cycle. Cut numbers a bit if we have to. My experience so far is the cow calf gig is a good way to keep pastures from becoming overgrown. Lucky to make 100 to 200 profit per calf.