Cull Bull$$$

Help Support CattleToday:

Sale is tmrw...
Wonder if that bull is at the barn yet...

The way prices are, you could trade him for 4 pair if your there early enough...
Didn't happen. Potential buyers dad died Monday, they're out of town, and I gave him another week. Shockingly, I'm not as mean as I appear online;)

That is very neighborly and decent of you. That is fair to all, providing you can keep them from fighting there on your place.
Condolences on his dad.
This. It's gonna get ugly. I had no intention of pulling the other bulls until I either sold Johnson or moved him to the barn. I'll be darned if they weren't 50 yards from the corner gate this morning. Against my better judgment, I opened the gate, walked across the road & barely had the gate open in the east 80 before they barreled through. The alternative was playing the waiting game until they were somewhat close to the corral or barn, catching & trailering. Picking my battles, one 'n done.

Ummm, I don't have 4 bulls. The good news: other than some head butting, they're not really fighting. At least not while it's still rotten hot. And my heifers in the same pasture are already bred and keeping their distance. The bad news: not only did my neighbors bull bring over his flies, the fence isn't down, so he must have jumped. Again. Quality time will be spent fixing their hot wire & moving their bull. Again. He is relatively docile, so there's that.

Attachments

• IMG_20210901_183442.jpg
    IMG_20210901_183442.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210901_180058928_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210901_180058928_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 20
Ummm, I don't have 4 bulls. The good news: other than some head butting, they're not really fighting. At least not while it's still rotten hot. And my heifers in the same pasture are already bred and keeping their distance. The bad news: not only did my neighbors bull bring over his flies, the fence isn't down, so he must have jumped. Again. Quality time will be spent fixing their hot wire & moving their bull. Again. He is relatively docile, so there's that.
😂🤣😂🤣 sounds like a good time to switch tags and haul 1 to the sale!

I kid. I kid. Well kinda....

Very fortunate here as I havnt had an issue. Neighbor runs some stockers on wheat sometimes.

It happens to the best of us. But when it's a repeat offense, it gets old fast..

Yeah, everyone has a bull get out occasionally... and you know that sooner or later it will be yours... but repeats..... regular repeats, gets real old real quick. Thank goodness the heifers are already bred..... Here's hoping the neighbor gets the bull out... or you do... and the other neighbor wants the other bull and you can get him moved soon too.....

Last year we had a homing bull here. Lke a homing pigeon only a ton Charolais bull. They hauled him up to the top of Ebell Creek several times. That is over 30 miles by road and a good 10-12 miles as the crow flies over some real tough ground. A week later he would be in my field. No cows here but he liked the grazing. On the fourth trip he went to the La Grande sale. We were hoping he would come back from there but he never made it.

Heading out shortly to help my neighbor retrieve our "guest". He finally fixed the hot wire yesterday - and told me it was so mangled, he thinks my bulls got into his pasture to fight and they all somehow ended up back in my pasture. Mmmmm, yeah, that's what happened. Regardless, it will be easier if I help because his bull has certainly made himself at home & comes right up to me.

And yes, I still have Johnson. They're picking him up next week.

he thinks my bulls got into his pasture to fight and they all somehow ended up back in my pasture. Mmmmm, yeah, that's what happened.
Thats quite the mental gymnastics; wonder if he actually believes it?
We had a calf die this spring and my BIL said ask the vet if us switching cubes frm TSC to Atwoods would cause it.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I said "ummm, i dont think so." He said, well just ask the vet.... I did not.

Heading out shortly to help my neighbor retrieve our "guest". He finally fixed the hot wire yesterday - and told me it was so mangled, he thinks my bulls got into his pasture to fight and they all somehow ended up back in my pasture. Mmmmm, yeah, that's what happened. Regardless, it will be easier if I help because his bull has certainly made himself at home & comes right up to me.

And yes, I still have Johnson. They're picking him up next week.
You need a hotter fence charger.

Well, a little update on Johnson. Buyer still has him and loves that bull, so he's keeping him. I strongly suggested he take him for a BSE because this was supposed to be "turn & burn". Nope. He's just going to hope for the best and he's "too attached" to sell him, at least now.

I suspect he'll end up as a pet/yard art along with one of the steers I sold him over a year ago. Not sure whether to laugh or just shake my head. Maybe both. Not my circus, not my monkeys!!

Latest posts