CTs Beef Checkoff Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I voted YES! If the Checkoff was not available to promote the image and healthy side of Beef, who would?

My wife has fed me chicken and pork for years because she had been taught that these items were healthier than beef. Recently she tried some Hormels Heat and Serve Bar-B-Q pork and it was good enough that we started eating it once a week. I asked if they had some beef items that we could try, so she finally brought some Hormels Roast Beef home. Four minutes in the microwave and she said " This is almost as good as Mother's and it only took four minutes"!

Now, if you believe the Checkoff is perfect or should be then you will be disappointed. I don't believe its perfect, but its all we have and until someone shows me a better idea, then I'm sold on the existing checkoff.

To those that voted NO, I encourage you to seek out some of these products and give them a try. It may not be what you and I prefer, but if it's quick and tasty, then the consumer will want it and buy it!

This is my opinion!

What's yours?

[email protected]

> I voted YES! If the Checkoff was
> not available to promote the image
> and healthy side of Beef, who
> would?

> My wife has fed me chicken and
> pork for years because she had
> been taught that these items were
> healthier than beef. Recently she
> tried some Hormels Heat and Serve
> Bar-B-Q pork and it was good
> enough that we started eating it
> once a week. I asked if they had
> some beef items that we could try,
> so she finally brought some
> Hormels Roast Beef home. Four
> minutes in the microwave and she
> said " This is almost as good
> as Mother's and it only took four
> minutes"!

> Now, if you believe the Checkoff
> is perfect or should be then you
> will be disappointed. I don't
> believe its perfect, but its all
> we have and until someone shows me
> a better idea, then I'm sold on
> the existing checkoff.

> To those that voted NO, I
> encourage you to seek out some of
> these products and give them a
> try. It may not be what you and I
> prefer, but if it's quick and
> tasty, then the consumer will want
> it and buy it!

> This is my opinion!

> What's yours?

I voted yes as well and I agree with your assesment. We Slaughter one of our own when the freezer starts getting low but I sure want the general public to buy the product we are producing. No it is not perfect and there are things that I would like to see changed. I don't see that happening any time soon but I do feel a certain sense of pride when I see the check off ads on TV. I am just as proud of the educational efforts I see in the schools. Those students are our future costumers. I feel that my $1.00 per head buys a lot of benefits for the beef producer. Thanks for listening,

Mack

[email protected]