CT Help Line

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' 243

Reaction score
Here's a thought for a good thread.

Who do you gain the most knowledge from, or who is most helpful for insight into the cow biz? Who is the best poster of useful cattle info? Give the knowledge some props, and let's give some credit to the good guys.

No Brimmer Pimps allowed until page 3. :lol:

There is absolutely no contest for me. I would not be raising cattle today if it were not for the influence of Fire Sweep Ranch.

Its quite possible for a person to gain experience without a internet forum. If you have to go to a forum for information, experience, well.......I know a bunch of cattlemen/women who've never turned on a computer. Those, my fellow forum buddies, is how you gain real experience.

Bright Raven":6w2zu8po said:
There is absolutely no contest for me. I would not be raising cattle today if it were not for the influence of Fire Sweep Ranch.

Well then we gonna have to fire his a $$, he's the one responsible for you being so smart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cowgirl8":2altf89j said:
Its quite possible for a person to gain experience without a internet forum. If you have to go to a forum for information, experience, well.......I know a bunch of cattlemen/women who've never turned on a computer. Those, my fellow forum buddies, is how you gain real experience.

I was fixin' to nominate you, but then you showed up and told us how great you are, now I don't need to enlighten everyone.

Ol' 243":1hxu37ok said:
Bright Raven":1hxu37ok said:

Well then we gonna have to fire his a $$, he's the one responsible for you being so smart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a he. The boss at Fire Sweep is a she!

:tiphat: Nesi is pretty helpful also. The beautiful pictures are a bonus.

Bright Raven":vyln8g8t said:
Ol' 243":vyln8g8t said:
Bright Raven":vyln8g8t said:

Not a he. The boss at Fire Sweep is a she!

Oooopppps, my apologies to the lady. :tiphat:

Cow pollinator is the first to come to my mind

Always interested in what jscunn and Jake have to say

cowgirl8":1xhn5g5h said:
I got a lot of experience before the Internet. Cost me a lot of money also. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know you don't know it all but someone out there might have a great answer to the problem. Just have to shut up and listen and learn.

kenny thomas":cvz48tkp said:
cowgirl8":cvz48tkp said:
I got a lot of experience before the Internet. Cost me a lot of money also. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know you don't know it all but someone out there might have a great answer to the problem. Just have to shut up and listen and learn.
Other than simple ideas, there are too many know it alls in here with very thin skin....Lets see, I learned auction buyers can tell when a calf has been banded or knife cut and will dock a banded calf, but will bid extra on a calf with a belly full of feed that no one seems to pay for and you can only get it in OKC and your calf will only eat it in OKC...Hum..lets see. That a commercial, aka mongrel, cant make you good calves. A sim is still a sim, but a horned Hereford is not a Hereford..lol... so many I cant remember them all, but give me some time and i'll remember..

kenny thomas":1goae5yu said:
See, you had not learned these valuable lessons before you came here. Thanks for admitting your actually learning.
:lol: yeah, I've learned....kind of like how you learn to keep from getting your hand shut in a door...it is learning.

cowgirl8":3tlekcjj said:
kenny thomas":3tlekcjj said:
cowgirl8":3tlekcjj said:
Other than simple ideas, there are too many know it alls in here with very thin skin....Lets see, I learned auction buyers can tell when a calf has been banded or knife cut and will dock a banded calf, but will bid extra on a calf with a belly full of feed that no one seems to pay for and you can only get it in OKC and your calf will only eat it in OKC...Hum..lets see. That a commercial, aka mongrel, cant make you good calves. A sim is still a sim, but a horned Hereford is not a Hereford..lol... so many I cant remember them all, but give me some time and i'll remember..
Why must you make fun of that which you know shyt about?
Not everything told on these boards is correct but a large percentage is.
Just because you haven't experienced it or learned it or it doesn't take place in your little area of the world doesn't make it wrong.
For someone who makes their whole living on nothing but ranching you sure need to broaden your horizons.
I won't get into the other things but every single thing that was said about the Oklohoma sale by me or the others was correct.
And see I don't have thin skin, I could care less if you make it or not. After all you are a professional rancher and all that so you sure don't need any hobby farmer telling you anything.
I do care if others can learn and do well from what some have already learned. The next guy or girl running 5,000 or 20,000 head might be on here as a 15 year old reading this stuff.
You put it all down as incorrect they might get the wrong idea.

Learned I was splicing barbwire wrong from Fence(too soon to even mention a brimmer pimp?) , and if I have a question about feed TB has probably already covered it on here somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts