CT Friends...

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! May you be surrounded by all the things that bring Christmas cheer. Blessings, love, and peace to you this Christmas.

Ali :D

Thanks for the wishes folks, we all had a loverly time. We usually get an awesome present every year and we were not disappointed this year - the heavens opened and the rain came down :D

Here's a pic of a little guy that arrived the day before Xmas with a slightly injured wing, it will be nurtured until healed (it's still a baby) and then allowed to go it's own way. Unbelievably clever and has to investigate everything.
DSC00043.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

alisonb, please tell us about the bird! Looks like some sort of raven?

In fact, I would be VERY interested in learning more about your location, how you farm, your cattle, etc. I'm totally unfamiliar with South Africa and I bet there's a whole new world you could show us!

Gale - It's an African Pied Crow. You can actually teach them to talk, they love to mimic certain people or other birds or sounds. They are highly intelligent, I think ranked second to the parrot family? You definitely can't leave valuables lying around - I've had my cell phone stolen (found it on the neighbors roof :shock: ) as well as my cigarette pouch(when I still smoked) stolen. That was a previous crow that thankfully met a mate and flew off into the distance. But they have different characters like people, some mischievous, some just plain delinquent, others a pleasure to have around. This one is the epitome of innocence at this stage and sooo trusting.
Gale Seddon":1z41be6v said:
In fact, I would be VERY interested in learning more about your location, how you farm, your cattle, etc. I'm totally unfamiliar with South Africa and I bet there's a whole new world you could show us!
I will PM you sometime :D

HD - Thanks, hope you had a good one too.

alisonb":sv8f8sri said:
Gale - It's an African Pied Crow. You definitely can't leave valuables lying around - I've had my cell phone stolen (found it on the neighbors roof :shock: ) as well as my cigarette pouch(when I still smoked) stolen.

Blame the crow. right. :lol2:

Latest posts