CT Forum Members - Results Are In!

Help Support CattleToday:

How many of us are...

• ...male?

Votes: 88 75.9%
  • ...female?

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • ...raising cattle as a primary occupation?

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • ...working "off the farm" as a primary occupation?

Votes: 60 51.7%
  • ...students?

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • ...disabled or partially disabled?

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • ...veterans?

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • ...conservatives?

Votes: 76 65.5%
  • ...liberals?

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • ...living outside the USA?

Votes: 11 9.5%

• Total voters

2/B or not 2/B

Reaction score
Of 99 respondents, approximately:

3 in 4 were men.......................................1 in 4 were women
50% rely on off the farm income....................1 in 3 raise cattle as a primary occupation
1 in 10 are students...................................1 in 20 are disabled or partially disabled
1 in 5 are veterans....................................2 in 3 are conservatives
1 in 6 are liberals......................................1 in 10 live outside the U.S.A.

There was a post about our diversity not too long ago. I like the ct forum because it brings a wide range of people together around a common interest, and many of us might not normally know each other. I bet there's more diversity among us than what's obvious through our typing and I think it would be cool to know some basic demographic info about ct users. I made a poll, and if you've ever made one you know you can only choose 10 options. It was real hard to narrow "diversity" into 10 options :? but here goes nothing. Thanks for playing...

Wanted to click on the disabled box, but the they haven't come to take me to the funny farm yet.

redcowsrule33":y3i3u00x said:
If only 24% are male and 7% female, what are the rest? :D

The stats need to be split up a little, I think.

I personally don't want to know whether there are any shemales on here. Don't ask, don't tell.

It looks like the percentages are being calculated off the total votes against all 10 items.
...male? . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27 . . . . 23%
...female? .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 . . . . 8%
...raising cattle as a primary occupation? . . . . . . . . . 16 . . . . 13%
...working "off the farm" as a primary occupation? . . . 19 . . . .16%
...students? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . .1%
...disabled or partially disabled? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 . . . . .3%
...veterans? .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 . . . . 6%
...conservatives? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20 . . . .17%
...liberals? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 . . . . .6%
...living outside the USA? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . 1%
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Total votes : 115
For instance 23% of 115 total votes = 26.45 rounded up to 27
8% of 115 = 9.2 rounded up to 10

Yep, that's not something I got to choose. The poll generates those automatically and doesn't decipher relationships between different responses. You can add males and females, and assume the total number of people who have answered the poll (not the same as total votes since each person can vote up to 6 times). Using the total number of people who have answered the poll, you can then do some percentages if you want. Still kinda cool :)

I am female and live outside of the US, there it says there is only 6 that live outside, I could name more than that, guess the others are not posting. good post though. :cboy:

Lammie":3etvi8gx said:
redcowsrule33":3etvi8gx said:

I personally don't want to know whether there are any shemales on here. Don't ask, don't tell.

But if folks seeing you hanging out with known - ah nevermind.

13 liberals???

I thought there was only about 2.

Someone must be voting more than once.

Of 99 respondents, approximately:

3 in 4 were men.......................................1 in 4 were women
50% rely on off the farm income...................1 in 3 raise cattle as a primary occupation
1 in 10 are students...................................1 in 20 are disabled or partially disabled
1 in 5 are veterans....................................2 in 3 are conservatives
1 in 6 are liberals......................................1 in 10 live outside the U.S.A.

Lammie":2xhkslwc said:
redcowsrule33":2xhkslwc said:

I want to be the 1st one to ask. I aint skeered, but I show can run. :D

Never mind the peanut gallery 2B, they so often get sidetracked :roll: this was a good poll it's just too bad we didn't get more respondents what with there being some 6000 members or so.

I think we should redo this 2B as I didn't respond to it because I just glanced through the instructions not knowing that we can choose more than one like a lot of polls are.. :dunce:

I call for a redo ,,, :tiphat: It is a very interesting poll....

hillsdown":1jo7jztq said:
I took a turn at it, I figured as one of the "1 in 6" I better represent. ;-) I knew that one would be lopsided.

hillsdown":fju01roa said:
I think we should redo this 2B as I didn't respond to it because I just glanced through the instructions not knowing that we can choose more than one like a lot of polls are.. :dunce:

A few more votes have been trickling in so I'll wait a little while and recalculate so more people can be included. Even though the forum has thousands of members, I wonder how many are actually active, do we know that?

Latest posts