CT ad at top of the page.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Saw this several times prior and only now realized what it was really depicting.
Powerful images from WW2 it says, but that isn't what is remarkable about the picture.

Her blond hair is wrapped around the drill press spindle and drill bit...and kind of odd, unless the spindle is turning counterclockwise....

Back in the 70's I read about a guy that was essentially scalped when his long hair got caught in a spinning pto shaft. My father taught Vocational Agriculture and Shop. He refused to wear a wedding band because of always being around running equipment and the associated dangers.

I never even noticed that old drill press until you pointed it out. To much lipstick I did notice.

sstterry said:
Back in the 70's I read about a guy that was essentially scalped when his long hair got caught in a spinning pto shaft. My father taught Vocational Agriculture and Shop. He refused to wear a wedding band because of always being around running equipment and the associated dangers.

A dairy farmer here had her scalp and whole face ripped off the same way. Lucky her partner was there and put it in ice before he got her to hospital and after many many hours of surgery they put it all back together. Sends a tingle down my spine just thinking about it! Another guy was drilling a hole with an auger and somehow his sons arm got caught in it and ripped it clean off. He was 16 at the time and even though they put it back on it didnt have much use.