Cruising the Farm for Spring Calving 2019

Help Support CattleToday:

Very nice. That first pic heifer with her calf looks like a tank.

Very nice! Where are you getting that dry ground? I am so glad I am not calving right now! Wow. They would need gills and fins to survive.

LDEnterprises said:
Bright Raven said:
Very nice! Where are you getting that dry ground? I am so glad I am not calving right now! Wow. They would need gills and fins to survive.

Smart momma, had this calf up on high side of pasture. Lower side is saturated like most of the farm. We were almost dry until the rain last night.
The woods look like they do here.

Davemk said:
LDEnterprises said:
3 more hit the ground today.

Nice BWF heifer that gave me a photo op.

Angus x Hereford cows? Bred back to an Angus? Awesome looking cattle.

Correct. PB angus cows with PB horned Hereford bulls for the cows. Mostly all Angus with a few balancer bulls for the F1 mommas to bred back to for terminal cross.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Great looking groups. Also, great feeder. I'm "assuming" you built them?

Thank you. Actually i bought those feeders from a group out of Missouri, LAG industries. They are very well built, didn't cost much more than the POS plastic COOP bunk feeders. When they already have a shipment coming out around me in VA they have called or emailed me to see if i wanted to piggy back another order with them. Nice family owned company. I need to start making them myself since I've improved my welding skills.

Latest posts