Cruelty

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Just read the post about the cows being abused. Question. Do you think you have the responcebility to report such acts ?

I for one think you do. While I am no animal "activist", I will not hesitate to say something or even turn you in to the authorities. :mad: I feel when you buy animals you accept the fact that you must take care of the animal. I also feel that if people knew of this and did nothing they may not be able to be punished under the law, but deserve a whipping with the one that naglecked his animals.

Yeah I would have no trouble reporting or opening up the gate letting them go to a pasture anywhere. However depending on states can and will they do anything.

cattle_gal":ke8k2k81 said:
Yeah I would have no trouble reporting or opening up the gate letting them go to a pasture anywhere. However depending on states can and will they do anything.
Had an old man around here that was really bad. No care for the cows at all. Inbred bulls were in year around. Never sold calves or cut anything. Multiple generations of inbreeding. Dead animals all over the place. Put up hay with an old Hesston stacker and left the stacks in the pasture. Cows would eat the bottoms off of them till they looked like palm trees. Stacks would collapse on the cows while they were eating and the cow would die right there. You would have to see this place to believe it. I generally don't like to deal with the state more than I have to,but in this case I raised holy he-- about it with everybody I could think of. Nothing happened. When he died most of the ones still alive were shot and hauled off in the rendering truck. Thats been some years ago and the state seems to be a little more interested in stopping this kind of thing now,but I wouldn't want to have to rely on them.

Latest posts