Crossing Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

And for what it's worth Wagyu is not a breed !
The American Wagyu Association
The Australian Wagyu Association
The Canadian Wagyu Association
Would all disagree with you.
Saying Wagyu is not a breed is like saying Red Angus and Red Holsteins are not breeds.
Technically Washu not Wagyu is what cows are called in Japan.

Beware of the American Akaushi Association
In July of 2021 they were sued and ordered to pay 30 million dollars to Twinwood Cattle Company in Texas. More than 1/2 of the registered Akaushi cattle Twinwood purchased from HeartBrand between 2009-2016 could not be DNA verified Akaushi parentage as the association promised to its members and fraudulently concealed the breech from its members. The jury verdit was unanimous.
The two Akaushi Board Members Ronald Breeman and his son Jordan Breeman were also chairman and president of HeartBrand.

It's my guess that the Breemans maybe might be the source of spreading the misinformation that Wagyu is not a breed.

Last edited:
The American Wagyu Association
The Australian Wagyu Association
The Canadian Wagyu Association
Would all disagree with you.
Saying Wagyu is not a breed is like saying Red Angus and Red Holsteins are not breeds.
Technically Washu not Wagyu is what cows are called in Japan.

Beware of the American Akaushi Association
In July of 2021 they were sued and ordered to pay 30 million dollars to Twinwood Cattle Company in Texas. More than 1/2 of the registered Akaushi cattle Twinwood purchased from HeartBrand between 2009-2016 could not be DNA verified Akaushi parentage.
The two Akaushi Board Members Ronald Breeman and his son Jordan Breeman were also chairman and president of HeartBrand.

It's my guess that the Breemans maybe might be the source of spreading the misinformation that Wagyu is not a breed.
Yes there are many that disagree.
But regardless you can't argue with DNA. Japanese Red and Japanese Black are different breeds but both " classified" Wagyu.

Yes there are many that disagree.
Name 2 other than the Breemans.
But regardless you can't argue with DNA. Japanese Red and Japanese Black are different breeds but both " classified" Wagyu.
No reds are American Akaushi not Wagyu.
Read Progressive Farmer magazine which was the source for my posting on
30 million dollars in DNA fraud in the Akaushi Breed.

Its understandable that American Akaushi breeders especially now, want to be known as WAGYU but they're not.

All of our cattle are registered and have dna tested for parent verification, scd, etc..
Except our crosses.
Were you aware of the American Akaushi Association being found guilty of fraud and losing the 30 million dollar lawsuit?

It only happened 4 months ago, so understandable that many haven't.

Yes.
What I don't understand is why they would buy if parents were not verified.
I believe verification was available at time of purchase.

We have been studying Wagyu genetics for 3 yrs or so. Personally I like the Jap Blk influence in Akaushi. The product we are producing is pretty impressive.
Not A5....but darn good.
Pic from F1 Red/Blk Wagyu x Angus

Attachments

• IMG_20210917_145439589.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
Yes.
What I don't understand is why they would buy if parents were not verified.
What I don't understand is why Breemans sold registered Akaushi and guaranteed DNA test when they knew it was a lie.

Makes ya wonder how many other members smaller than Twinwood Cattle Company the Breemans scrxwed.
Akaushi is/was pretty much HeartBrand.

Last edited:
We are an all AI ranch so we have no bulls. Unless we really screw up when we pull them out of the dewer we should be able to say with high confidence that all our full blood calves are verifiable....but would still not guarantee anything ...you never know what neighbor can smell the girls and make a late night visit. 🙂

Latest posts