crossbreeding

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

if i did a three way cross of cows of simm.(for the size) charolais(for the height)and limo.(for the length) and then bred them cows to an angus bull would i get alot of beef with marbling or just alot of meat? and is angus good for marbling to put into a carcass?

[email protected]

> if i did a three way cross of cows
> of simm.(for the size)
> charolais(for the height)and
> limo.(for the length) and then
> bred them cows to an angus bull
> would i get alot of beef with
> marbling or just alot of meat? and
> is angus good for marbling to put
> into a carcass? The right Angus will add more marbling than most breeds. You might consider adding the Angus to the maternal side and use either the Charolais or Limo for the bull.

You would get some marbling but basically you would have a large semi-nutty exceptionally lean well muscled cow herd. When crossbreeding you use complimentary traits for your cow herd and antatgonistic traits for a terminal sire. You would be better off using angus as half of your cow genetics and an eceptionally high marbling Simenthal for a terminal sire, that's if you want to shoot for the quality grade market. If you want to go for the yield grade market, leave out the angus and just go with all continental breeds.

dun

I have seen several amazing steers at the feedlot, 3-way cross steers (Charolais bull-Simmangus cows), the way I will do it: Normande bull-Simmangus cow or Limo-Angus cow, these 3-way crosses will give you modern carcass traits

> if i did a three way cross of cows
> of simm.(for the size)
> charolais(for the height)and
> limo.(for the length) and then
> bred them cows to an angus bull
> would i get alot of beef with
> marbling or just alot of meat? and
> is angus good for marbling to put
> into a carcass?

[email protected]

Latest posts