Crossbow

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone know the mixing ratio for spot-spraying Crossbow? Thistles, MF rose. Lost the label off the jug and my computer won't let me pull up the pdf file from manufacturer.

Thanks

cfpinz

I use and love crossbow, it works very well. I mix 1.5 quarts to 25 gallons and add 2oz. of a leaf penetration solution that makes it very effective for Black Berries, which we have a ton of here. I'll run to the barn in a few minutes and get you the the name and excatly what it does. but it really makes a difference in the quality and speed of the kill.

Alan

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. Pump acted up this evening and couldn't get but one tank thru. Wonder how close you can spray to a garden without ill effects? Good thing the wife's not home tonight, if it's brown tomorrow night I'll just blame it on the japanese beetles. :eek:

cfpinz

Whenever you lose a label or it becomes unreadable, it is generally safe to say its going to be 2 ounces a gallon for liquid herbicides or insecticides. Just an observation I have made and I'm sure there are exceptions.

cfpinz":2dyp6nb3 said:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. Pump acted up this evening and couldn't get but one tank thru. Wonder how close you can spray to a garden without ill effects? Good thing the wife's not home tonight, if it's brown tomorrow night I'll just blame it on the japanese beetles. :eek:

cfpinz

My wife keeps wondering why the rubarb (sp) dies every year. :eek:

Alan

Angus/Brangus
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:19 am Post subject: Rstriction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here a site that lists many herbicides and any grazing restrictions - Crossbow included:

http://forages.tamu.edu/PDF/scs_2001_14.pdf

Unless this is updated DAILY then you need to look at the label because I have seen crossbow labels change three times in four years as far as rates on certain plants, etc. We use one rate across the board sometimes overkill others just right.

You can make your own "Crossbow" using 2,4-D and Remedy.

Little cheaper too.......

I wasn't trying to jerk your chain or anything like that.
That just popped or pooped into my mind while I was reading this topic about the rates on the labels changing almost yearly it seems

hillbilly beef man":1ngh4u9b said:
cfpinz":1ngh4u9b said:
Wonder how close you can spray to a garden without ill effects? :eek:

cfpinz

About 10 ft if it is still. 50 ft if the wind is blowing. And yes, cfpinz the couch does sleep good. :oops: :lol:

Even if the wind is blowing away from the garden, 50 feet isn;t alwasy enough. Killed all of my wifes melons last year spraying down the driveway on the other side of the house with the wind from the garden to me.

dun":161bimbu said:
hillbilly beef man":161bimbu said:
cfpinz":161bimbu said:
Wonder how close you can spray to a garden without ill effects? :eek:

cfpinz

About 10 ft if it is still. 50 ft if the wind is blowing. And yes, cfpinz the couch does sleep good. :oops: :lol:

Even if the wind is blowing away from the garden, 50 feet isn;t alwasy enough. Killed all of my wifes melons last year spraying down the driveway on the other side of the house with the wind from the garden to me.

I spot-sprayed some thistles with the 4wheeler sprayer about 5 feet from her garden a few weeks ago, no ill effects. Not even on those wretched squash!

cfpinz

cfpinz":jdsojsqh said:
I spot-sprayed some thistles with the 4wheeler sprayer about 5 feet from her garden a few weeks ago, no ill effects. Not even on those wretched squash!

cfpinz

Don;t understand how you could have missed driving over the squash with the 4wheeler

dun":3rwncar9 said:
cfpinz":3rwncar9 said:

cfpinz

Don;t understand how you could have missed driving over the squash with the 4wheeler

Would have had a hard time explaining how those tracks got there. She's not that dumb.

cfpinz":40iqtsck said:
Would have had a hard time explaining how those tracks got there. She's not that dumb.

We are talkign about the woman that has stayed with you aren;t we?

dun":284fk0vh said:
cfpinz":284fk0vh said:

Good point, those squash are history.

cfpinz":2f400tiz said:
dun":2f400tiz said:
cfpinz":2f400tiz said:

Good point, those squash are history.

Something else for the banner