Crossbow

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
So I sprayed the river fence row with Crossbow which always works good. about 2 1/2 hours after I finished it poured rain for about 20-25 minutes. This particular area has heavy cover (trees) so I was thinking it still might work ok?? Think I'll need to do it again?

tncattle":achod2k3 said:
So I sprayed the river fence row with Crossbow which always works good. about 2 1/2 hours after I finished it poured rain for about 20-25 minutes. This particular area has heavy cover (trees) so I was thinking it still might work ok?? Think I'll need to do it again?
Usually if it got to sit an hour or more your good.
We spray between showers over here.

I've used it a bunch, but never had rain that soon. My :2cents: is give a couple of days and look to see if you have stuff dying, but even if it looks like you made a dent it may take another dose. Simply speaking from a guy who knows how expensive crossbow is. If it was me, I would simple keep an eye on it, give it a couple of days, leaves may welt, but may need more anyway.... I know clear as mud.

I would think your fine. If the plant was thirsty as they usually are, it absorbed enough to work. If anything it will be just a weaker dose but not total failure.

I would think that after 2.5 hours it dried and would work.

I've never used it either but saw on the RFD farm channel that it also suppresses fescue seed heads and allows more leaf growth.
Anyone hear that?

hillbilly beef man":1i6mzpkr said:
You should be fine. I have had as little as an hour before rain with Crossbow with surfactant on MF roses and it killed it.
I did not see where it called for a surfactant. Anyway, we had the same rain situation and it worked.

They have quite making Crossbow, right?

HDRider":1pl7nuly said:
hillbilly beef man":1pl7nuly said:
You should be fine. I have had as little as an hour before rain with Crossbow with surfactant on MF roses and it killed it.
I did not see where it called for a surfactant. Anyway, we had the same rain situation and it worked.

They have quite making Crossbow, right?

Still got it at the co-op. $131 for 2.5 g jug.

It has been discontinued. Their replacement product is PastureGard. TSC had it on the discount bin last winter and I bought all 4 gallons they had left for $15 per. Its a good product, especially at that price.

I just bought a gallon of crossbow a week ago from my seed dealer for $50.

HD, Dow still list Crossbow on their website. Crossbow has 2,4-D and triclopyr as the active ingredients. It requires a pesticide applicators license to purchase and use (at least so here in Texas). Pastureguard has triclopyr and fluroxipyr as it's active ingredients and does not require a pesticide license to purchase and use because it does not contain 2,4-D. I am just guessing, but the TSC may have discontinued handling Crossbow because of the recordkeeping requirements of keeping up with what is restricted use and what is not (only handle products that do not require licenses).

aaroninga":sd5rjjye said:
A friend told me he bought some this spring. I think he said it was tablet form and expensive.
I'll double check with him.

My bad, sorry.
He confirmed he was telling me about chapparel.
I must be getting old, would've laid money on it and lost!

angus9259":2vtylpoi said:
I just bought a gallon of crossbow a week ago from my seed dealer for $50.
You guys made me go out and buy 4 gallons yesterday at the co-op. I paid $32 per.

I've had good luck with it and all my cleanup.

This is from the Dow site

Crossbow® herbicide is a postemergent product that targets woody plants and brush – such as blackberries and poison oak – as well as annual and perennial broadleaves, while leaving grasses unharmed. NOTE: Dow AgroSciences is no longer manufacturing Crossbow. Our newest and best farm brush control product is PastureGard® HL herbicide.

Latest posts