cross question

Help Support CattleToday:

Anonymous":377kcpjv said:
I didn't ask if you liked the limo I asked what you think of the cross.
I think it would be a stupid choice to X Santa GertrudisXLimo
Does that satisfy you???

i also think that cross would suck. i mean in theory it sounds ok. if you can get sane gerts and sane limos then you might be alright. otherwise i'd use sane gerts and a charolais.

hereford x gert is a really good cross for producing replacement females......red mottle-faced.

txag is right gerts and hereford works best....im not sure if you can find any sane charolais

I have to agree with the txag post. Also would use Angus
But gert and Limo??? Noooo

la4angus":z1z6m4o7 said:
Anonymous":z1z6m4o7 said:
I didn't ask if you liked the limo I asked what you think of the cross.
I think it would be a stupid choice to X Santa GertrudisXLimo
Does that satisfy you???

Since you were a little slow when I said bad idea to Limos in apolite way, as always LA4 gets right to the point. I totally agree stupid choice.

if your seling all the calves.i dont see nothing rong with limyXsanta-gert.you will have solid colord ,fast growing,meaty calves. to sell as feeders.~~~~~~~~~~Tc

Even if you are selling them you still have to handle them. Which isn't worth the hassle. I know some are guna say that there are good dispositioned limis but it's hard to find them.

WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS WITH THESE CATTLE? CERTAINLY SOME WOULD GO TO FEED, I.E. STEERS. PERSONALLY I TRY TO KEEP THE BRAHMA INFLUENCE TO A MINIMUM DUE TO DOCKING IN THE SALE RING IN MY AREA. A BLACK HIDED ANIMAL IS HARD TO BEAT. THEREFORE A BRANGUS X LIMO WOULD PROBABLY BE MY CHOICE, BUT EVEN BETTER YET AN ANGUS X LIMO. TO ME THE BRANGUS X LIMO WOULD GIVE THE BEST VARIETY, I.E. HEAT TOLERANCE, MUSCLING, AND A BLACK HIDE. AND THE ANGUS X LIMO WOULD BE 1/2 EXOTIC AND 1/2 ENGLISH. YOUR CHOICE.

ROB":3meplsug said:
WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS WITH THESE CATTLE? CERTAINLY SOME WOULD GO TO FEED, I.E. STEERS. PERSONALLY I TRY TO KEEP THE BRAHMA INFLUENCE TO A MINIMUM DUE TO DOCKING IN THE SALE RING IN MY AREA. A BLACK HIDED ANIMAL IS HARD TO BEAT. THEREFORE A BRANGUS X LIMO WOULD PROBABLY BE MY CHOICE, BUT EVEN BETTER YET AN ANGUS X LIMO. TO ME THE BRANGUS X LIMO WOULD GIVE THE BEST VARIETY, I.E. HEAT TOLERANCE, MUSCLING, AND A BLACK HIDE. AND THE ANGUS X LIMO WOULD BE 1/2 EXOTIC AND 1/2 ENGLISH. YOUR CHOICE.

where are you from rob? I dont think that the brahma would get docked that bad. but i guess mabey in your area. The Gert x Charolais cross sounds real nice. Stay away from lemies though.

Latest posts