cross breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

two questions first with brangus x herford cattle would a fleckveih simm bull work on theses cows. if not why a what would work better besides purebred angus. would shorthorn cross good with brangus.

trav":12ja5u1z said:
two questions first with brangus x herford cattle would a fleckveih simm bull work on theses cows. if not why a what would work better besides purebred angus. would shorthorn cross good with brangus.
Shorthorn cross on the BrangusXHereford cows would work just as well as Angus for the quality of beef produced. Shorthorn crossed with the brangus would give a good quality beef animal either to sell or for herd replacements.

trav":21qt7dge said:
depending on what you are lookiing for. I agree with the use of a Continental breed, you could use Charolais or Limousin too as terminal breeds, with Fleckvieh or German Simmental you will have better heifers to keep or sell as replacements

what i am tring to say is wich one would work better if i have a brangus bull. would herford cows work or would shorthorn cattlework better. then i was going to take the f1 brangus x herford or f1 brangus x shorthorn wich ever cross is better. and breed those heifers back to a fleckvieh simm bull. is this a good choice, if not what would be.

trav":2lnkxy5q said:
what i am tring to say is wich one would work better if i have a brangus bull. would herford cows work or would shorthorn cattlework better. then i was going to take the f1 brangus x herford or f1 brangus x shorthorn wich ever cross is better. and breed those heifers back to a fleckvieh simm bull. is this a good choice, if not what would be.
you will not need the first cross, if you need some Brahman influence I will go directly with Brangus, Santa Gertrudis or Braford cows cross to a Simmental (Fleckvieh) bull or Angus, Shorthorn or Hereford cows cross to a Simbrah bull (Fleckvieh influence)