cross breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

we are wondering what breed of bull would be best for breeding with our heifers, which are 2 red brangus, 1 blank angus, and 1 half jersey half polled herford. We are breeding for beef and want ease of calving. thanks
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

I would recommend crossing with Murray Greys. Of course, I'm prejudiced - we raise them. They are calm, easy to handle, the meat quality is beyond excellent, calving ease is unexcelled & they'll give you good growth. <p>Nearly all of our Murray Grey calves are between 60 & 80# at birth, and we wean 205 day bulls at 615 to 675#, heifers at 500 to 685#.<p>Please feel free to visit our web site for more information on the breed. <p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.murraygrey.com">Rafter L Murray Greys</a></ul>

Let me suggest an Angus bull with a low birthweight EPD and good carcass quality EPDs. You might want to talk to your vet and see if you can find someone to AI them. Then you wouldn't have to deal with a bull on a full time basis. You could possibly select the best bull to match each cow by using AI. Good luck...<p>: we are wondering what breed of bull would be best for breeding with our heifers, which are 2 red brangus, 1 blank angus, and 1 half jersey half polled herford. We are breeding for beef and want ease of calving. thanks<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts