Cross breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

Hb51493

Reaction score
Has anyone done this angusx beefmaster x charolais cross and how'd it turn out for you . What way did you breed them for best Results .

Yes. I've done Angus on purpose and if there is a Char bull with in a 5 mile radius most people end up with some Char calves.

BM cows with either bull. Not really a reason to do it the other way. You can never go wrong with good BM cows no matter the bull. It's just a matter of what color you want to paint the calves.

need to be careful, beefmasters have bone, then add the char to the mix, more bone, then add a funnel but to the lot and well you might have lack issues. Both crosses work, but I think staying away from a 3way would be best in this case.

You'd be hard pressed to create a better calf than what you'd get putting terminal type char bulls over f1 angus/beefmaster cows.

My cow Millie is out of a pure Charolais cow and a registered Angus bull. I've bred her the past 2 years to a registered Beefmaster bull. The calves have been Very nice. No excessive bone and very good gain. The calf is the black heifer in the front

Hb51493":2q695z1f said:
Has anyone done this angusx beefmaster x charolais cross and how'd it turn out for you . What way did you breed them for best Results .

BM crossed with either makes one calf raising mama. The BM x Angus (Red Angus) brought down the cow size some, plus they seemed to reach puberty younger.

3 way cross maximizes hybred vigor after that the percent goes down.
Lots of data from the major Ag universities on crossbreeding systems to maximize hybred vigor.
With BM you have a standardized composite that will breed true not a crossbred.

Latest posts