cross bred herd

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have cross bred cows; good bit limo. Been using limo bull, calves are getting high strung. Want to go black to add a little color to my mostly red herd. Don't want angus. Need gentle, good maternal qualities and easy calving. Heat and drought tolerant also a plus. What bull to get? Thanks

[email protected]

I'm personally a little biased to Simmentals. They're very docile. Gelbviehs are also good gentle cows. Not sure how the Simmies and Gelbviehs do in the heat and dry weather. I know that Brangus are great mothers and have little calving problems. They also seem to do well in the dry heat.

[email protected]

Use Black Simmental or Simbrah, with the Simbrah you will have the heat and drought tolerant plus.

> I have cross bred cows; good bit
> limo. Been using limo bull, calves
> are getting high strung. Want to
> go black to add a little color to
> my mostly red herd. Don't want
> angus. Need gentle, good maternal
> qualities and easy calving. Heat
> and drought tolerant also a plus.
> What bull to get? Thanks

[email protected]

> What bull to get? Thanks try a brangus, they can handle the heat, the calves won't have too much ear to hurt the price when you sell them, and you get black calves which will grow off good and are normally small at birth

[email protected]

> Jeez I hate to say this ('specially since I run white cattle)but don't just say no to angus, The thing is there are so darn many of them that there are a few sires out there that will do the job for you. Look for a line that emphasises broody mama cows not gains or looks.

You get pretty much get black in every breed now with the way things are going now adays

> I'm personally a little biased to
> Simmentals. They're very docile.
> Gelbviehs are also good gentle
> cows. Not sure how the Simmies and
> Gelbviehs do in the heat and dry
> weather. I know that Brangus are
> great mothers and have little
> calving problems. They also seem
> to do well in the dry heat. go herford bulls .they are very gentle are easy keepers

[email protected]

If you live in the south a good Simbrah or Brangus should work. You can get a black Simbrah if your market demands it but, make sure he's good and not just black.

Matt

> What bull to get? Thanks

[email protected]

Latest posts