Cross bred cows

Help Support CattleToday:

CrookedTree

Reaction score
I got a couple of cross bred cows this spring and one just calved. Calf PRESUMABLY sired by a reg. horned hereford bull.
Any guesses on what her makeup might be. Very light red-tan coloring, some white on the belly. Pretty sure she has some brahman.
here are pics of her and the calf... i hope they work, my first photo post.

Here below is the other cow. I am guessing she's hereford and brahman.? Give me your opinions on her make-up
Both are big cows.

I know they are mutts, Just for fun.

Calf doesn't look hereford at all to me. Simmy, Simbrah, or beefmaster would be my guesses. Second cow definately has some hereford, rest is a mystery

Wow. Got a picture or registered name for the bull?

hey alexfarms. I know they are crossbred mutts. I have some very GOOD CATTLE too and I F-ing know the difference.
Dude people like you who just can't resist slamming somebody just having some fun guessing at a mixed cows breeding are why I stay away.

branguscowgirl":3jihfg0i said:
I have no idea, but really cute calf!!
BTW- Is its navel swollen?
Think it's just big. Doesn't look swollen or like there's a problem... think maybe it's a brahman naval thing. His momma has the bump and I know there was a brahman bull running around where this guy came from as well as a hereford bull... one of those deals, bad fences, cattle coming and going... that's why I'm curious what people think they have in them because I have no damn idea.

CrookedTree":1rtjl2m5 said:

hey alexfarms. I know they are crossbred mutts. I have some very GOOD CATTLE too and I F-ing know the difference.
Dude people like you who just can't resist slamming somebody just having some fun guessing at a mixed cows breeding are why I stay away.

Pay him no mind CrookedTree and please don't leave us. We need some new faces around here.

I am a member of the crossbred mutt society..umbilical cord my have snapped off to close to the navel at birth, it'll go down...like jake looks like some BM in the mix...

I like that cow and calf pair.. the calf looks like it'll grow good and meaty. Don't know where the calf is getting the markings from though, looks like something a Fleckvieh would produce, but I doubt that would be the source

Nesikep":3jyi88bb said:
I like that cow and calf pair.. the calf looks like it'll grow good and meaty. Don't know where the calf is getting the markings from though, looks like something a Fleckvieh would produce, but I doubt that would be the source
There are few painted beefmasters that marked like that so its possible that the calf is BM cross.

TexasBred":1t10s9xn said:
From the looks of that fence he could be anything. ;-) :hide:

TB,
That fence looks fine. I didn't see the first splice in it. My fences have been patched so much there are places where the original wire is no longer there.

CrookedTree":2wcbiu80 said:

I don't think Alexfarms was knocking the cattle, he just doesn't think that calf is Hereford sired. Me neither.
At a guess I'd say the tan cow is a Beefmaster cross, and the calf is a Beefmaster cross crossed with Beefmaster.

CrookedTree":3bztki8s said:

Ok, I have no idea if he was trying to slam you or your cattle, I wouldn't have taken it that way, but I could be wrong. Theres no way you could have made a more classless reply to whatever it was though. That's just the way I see that deal.

Now gettin back to what we are here for I will say you have a very nice set of cows that are doing a good job. In those pictures I don't see any Brahman in that RWF horned cow, but If I saw her in the ring I would own her, she is my kind of cow. Looks like you've got some good ones. I have never had a set of all black cows that look the same and I don't ever want that. Yours are what I like to see.

LRTX1":st42ujwh said:
TexasBred":st42ujwh said:

TB,
That fence looks fine. I didn't see the first splice in it. My fences have been patched so much there are places where the original wire is no longer there.

You should see the bed springs in mine. :cry2:

That is the kind of cows, that I like bred to a black bull in my area. The black calves would sell very well, and you don't have
to pay top price for a black cow. The calf looks to me like the first semis in this area.

LRTX1":1cf6oktl said:
TexasBred":1cf6oktl said:

TB,
Haha. OK, at the risk of a "Classless reply" I will say that this is a lease place I took over in January. the cows were not bred there. The fence is extremely solid, even though it's had some wire added to it at some point, it's tight and IT'S AN INTERNAL CROSS FENCE.

Tough crowd, as I tried to say earlier with my "classless reply" to the comment about the registered herd sire.
I don't give a DANG what anybody thinks about that fence TB. :p Cattle have not been outside of it once.

I didn't think Beefmaster, but now that you say that, I am thinking that cow has some beefmaster and something else.
I have a pure blood Angus bull they are running with now, so we'll see how next years calf out of her looks.
Thanks!

Latest posts