Crock Pot Recipes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Looking for some good crock pot recipes. Steve lives away from home during the week and he uses the crock pot quite a bit. I like mine, but the only things I make in it with regularity are stews, chicken soup and queso. I have done ribs in the crock pot... He's been bugging me for some recipes and the one's he's found on the internet looked strange. We need some home cooking for when he's away from home.

Looks like there are some good ones in there. Have you tried any of those yourself?

Here is a couple of my favorite ones.

Italian Hot Beef Sandwiches
3-5lb beef roast
3c. water
1t. salt
1t. pepper
1t. oregano
1t. basil
1t. onion salt
1t. parsley
1t. garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 pkg. Italian salad dressing

Put roast in crock pot. Put all other ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour over the roast and turn crock pot on low for 8 hours. 30 minutes before end add 1 jar of Italian Mix Giardiniera juice too. (Pickled vegtables.) Slice beef thin when done and put on a hogie bun or slice a loaf of french bread in half and lay sliced beef over it. You can put the pickled vegtables on top of the beef. I will take some of the juice out of the crock pot, bring it to a boil in a sauce pan and thicken it with corn starch and water and pour this over the top too.

Yankee Pot Roast
1 chuck roast
1 can diced tomatos
1/2 pkg frozen peas
1 can beef broth
1 onion sliced
carrots
potatos

Brown roast in a skillet with olive oil. Brown on all sides. Put in crock pot. Add the rest of ingriedents, season with salt and pepper turn on low and let cook for 8 hours. The beef will just fall apart. Serve with the vegtables.

Lammie":1qswv7ik said:
Looking for some good crock pot recipes. Steve lives away from home during the week and he uses the crock pot quite a bit. I like mine, but the only things I make in it with regularity are stews, chicken soup and queso. I have done ribs in the crock pot... He's been bugging me for some recipes and the one's he's found on the internet looked strange. We need some home cooking for when he's away from home.

You might want to check out the Taste of Home website. They have a number of recipes that sound delicious! I haven't had an opportunity to try any of them yet, but I will!

Our favorite is Mexican Round Steak

2c frozen corn, thawed
1 medium jar (~14oz) salsa
1 can black beans, drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 c. water
salt & pepper to taste
3-4# round or sirloin steak

Cut the steak into serving sized pieces and put in bottom of pot. Mix everything else together in a bowl & pour over the top. Low 6-8 hours.

By the time we get home and chores are done it usually is more like 10 hours, still good.

Serve over potatoes or noodles.

Otherwise just a whole chicken with some paprika and dry veggie soup mix (no salt) works fine. Or a lean roast cooked with a jar of bbq sauce over it - good sandwiches.