Critter Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":xi31dxhc said:
Cub_bear_Aug_09.jpg

Bear_09.jpg

bear_cub.jpg

There you go.

I'd love to see a bear in the wild. All we have is stupid kangaroos :lol:

The wife said she would like to see the kangaroo aussie cowgirl. It is the same cub in both pictures, thats it momma on the ground. Almost ran over one two days ago. He jumped out in the road in front of me, ran into a woven wire fence bounced off of it a couple of times before he got headed down the road.

RBB, we have very few bears here so the few times I spot one they normally run off. I hear they can be agressive at times. What's your take on them?

Jo most of the time a bear will smell you and be gone before you get the chance to see them. When you do get to see it is because for some reason they didn't smell you, cause they can't see worth a flip. They will come from miles around to eat wheat,and for some reason they don't seem to care who see's them then. About the only time i have seen them be agressive is a sow with cubs. Get between momma and her cub and all he$$ will break loose. The momma will run off and the durn cubs will climb the first tree. So you can get between them pretty easy and not no you did. We took these pictures down on the AGF land that i do a lot of work on. Seen one with three cubs a week or so ago but didn't have the camera. I really get a kick out of watching them cubs play. Pretty comical. I have sneaked up on them and throwed rocks at them, have not had one to try to eat me yet.

Seen them sit down on the butt and take their front legs and reach out and gather up arms full to eat the heads. They just ain't got a lick of their everday sense about them when they find a wheat feild.

I had one right out behind the house for awhile neighbor seen it oneday and the me and the wife seen it a day or so later haven't seen any sign lately tho
dogs sure didn't like it but sure as he77 weren't gonna go try and run it off :lol:

friend of mine has one on video in his front yard just a yearling and his lil house dog treed it up the power pole

Your gonna love it when we get these Elk thick enough that they go to crossing the state line like the bears have. The bears really don't cause much trouble as long as they got plenty of room to move around.

Red Bull Breeder":2cc3w9zl said:
Your gonna love it when we get these Elk thick enough that they go to crossing the state line like the bears have. The bears really don't cause much trouble as long as they got plenty of room to move around.
I seen an elk down on the river a couple of yrs ago but he was an escapee from the elk ranch a few miles south of me, was a shocker to see him made me do a double take to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing :lol:

I once camped at Table Rock in NC next to the gorge and around 2:00 a.m something big came walking into my camp. I heard it messing with my trash bag that was tied up in a tree. Then I heard little growling noises and some rustling just outside the tent. Turns out it was two cubs wrestling. The rolled right onto the tent and formed a large indention in the tent. My girlfriend suggested that I go out and shoe them off. :shock: Next morning bag was gone and not a drop of trash was found anywhere. Given the bag was tied fairly high in the tree the bear had to have been pretty large so I'm glad I didn't follow gf's orders.

We took some pictures of some bull elk a few days ago, but they were to far out in the feild. Got a few more bear pictures over on ranchers.

Angus Cowman":15neprba said:
I had one right out behind the house for awhile neighbor seen it oneday and the me and the wife seen it a day or so later haven't seen any sign lately tho
dogs sure didn't like it but sure as he77 weren't gonna go try and run it off :lol:

friend of mine has one on video in his front yard just a yearling and his lil house dog treed it up the power pole
I bet Tater could handle it no problem.

jedstivers":2r2i2xmo said:
Angus Cowman":2r2i2xmo said:

I bet Tater could handle it no problem.
ROFLMAO

Heck Jed if it was between me and Tater you know who she would send out and lock the door behind
I think a Tater would look real good riding around with you! keep ya company

Latest posts